Highlighted

Is there really a background color option for text boxes?

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Premiere Pro user's guide says this:

Background: Change the background of the text by choosing the text, and clicking the Background color option.

I don't see any "background color option" when a text layer is selected. I've looked in the Essential Graphics and Effects control panels. 

Is this a mistake in the documentation, or is there actually an option that applies color to the text box itself -- not to a rectangle object you draw behind the text. 

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there really a background color option for text boxes?

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Premiere Pro user's guide says this:

Background: Change the background of the text by choosing the text, and clicking the Background color option.

I don't see any "background color option" when a text layer is selected. I've looked in the Essential Graphics and Effects control panels. 

Is this a mistake in the documentation, or is there actually an option that applies color to the text box itself -- not to a rectangle object you draw behind the text. 

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 4.11.45 PM.png

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what your screen shot shows is interesting -- because it's not what I have. I do not have "Background" in the interface there.

Instead, on my screen, that option is labeled "Shadow." It applies a drop shadow/glow to the text.

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 on Windows 7. Could that be the difference? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You would need to be on the newer version.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting: "I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 on Windows 7. Could that be the difference?"

According to the Adobe page, minimum spec for PP2019 was: "Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1703 or later"

I'm wondering how you got a version of 2019 to install on Win7?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I was wrong -- I've been running Premiere CC 2018 on Windows 7.

I will have to upgrade to Windows 10 before installing the latest Premiere version.

I appreciate the help everyone.

DM 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines