• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with caption timing after export

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stumped and hoping someone can help me out here. My captions display perfectly in the Program Monitor, but are always out of sync after I export my project. I've tried manually entering captions and inserting from a file. I've tried burning, embedding, and a sidecar file. I've tried exporting to different video file types. All give the same results.

I've included a couple of screenshots comparing the timestamps in Premiere and the exported Scenarist file. As you can see, they are off from the very beginning and get progressively worse as the video goes along. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Premiere Pro Version 15.2.0 (Build 35)

Windows 10 Pro

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Getting progressively worse implies there is a frame-rate interpretation mismatch somewhere. Do the timestamps in the exported SRT closely match what you are seeing in the 'Text' panel - they wont be exact because the "Text panel" displays timecode (ie. seconds and frames) whereas the SRT will be seconds and milliseconds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines