• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Motion Effects disabling on a specific clip after reopening application, or moving it

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have this bizarre problem of a specific clip that has its motion effects turned off whenever I reposition it, or when I start up the application again. I've been attempting to search through the options for the clip but I don't understand why this is only happening with this particular clip. Anyone have a lead on this?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Okay I got it fixed; I tried the preferences and media cache solutions but unfortunately they were not able to do anything. I was able to turn them on/off, but even if I had saved with it turned back on, it would simply revert as soon as I moved it/restarted app.

For the solution I pulled the same clip from the source file and reapplied the effects, and that seemed to work. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what was causing that to happen with that clip specifically, perhaps cursed? I can

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using plugins? are you talking about Motion properties in the Effect Controls panel?

What do you mean by motion effects? can you share screenshots of your effect controls

when having your clip selected? anyway, try to trash the preferences and clean your media cache...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No plugins for me. It is Motion properties in effect controls, and the whole panel disables for some reason. Here is a screenshot with the clip selected:

NATHAN5E7B_0-1603169076805.png

This is after I restarted the application as well. I'll see where I can get rid of the preferences, not sure how I clean the media cache but I'll look around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to reset the preferences hold ALT while premiere pro is launching on the splash screen..

clean media cache from preferences..

if you try to turn motion back on, can you do that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I got it fixed; I tried the preferences and media cache solutions but unfortunately they were not able to do anything. I was able to turn them on/off, but even if I had saved with it turned back on, it would simply revert as soon as I moved it/restarted app.

For the solution I pulled the same clip from the source file and reapplied the effects, and that seemed to work. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what was causing that to happen with that clip specifically, perhaps cursed? I can't say for sure what the trouble was.

Thanks for the help, apologies for this leading nowhere but I got it resolved nonetheless, really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines