• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with .MOV video - trying to subsitute

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have taken over a project where I need to work with a project file containing clips from a .MOV-videofile. The video is garbled in my Premiere Pro 14.0 in the video window, and Media Encoder crashes when trying to process the clip. However, the files play without any problems when I view it, so I assume there is an issue with the combination Prem Pro / Windows / laptop. I have read somewhere that it is possible to replace the video references in the project file with another video file, while the project keeps the clip parameters (in/out) intact. To achieve that I have used VLC to convert the .mov-files to .mp4-format. However, now I cannot find the info on how to replace the video file in the Premiere Pro project without having to redo all the cutting and trimming..... Can anybody help me??? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

To provide some more info: I am using Premiere Pro 14.0 that is updated automatically, Windows 10 Home (also fully updated), About the video, I cannot find any info about codecs, except it is filmed with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III. However, my question was rather about finding how to substitute video input with another file. And now I actually found out on another non-adobe website, https://adobemasters.net/how-to-replace-footage-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc-2018/. I was able to find the menu function

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To provide some more info: I am using Premiere Pro 14.0 that is updated automatically, Windows 10 Home (also fully updated), About the video, I cannot find any info about codecs, except it is filmed with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III. However, my question was rather about finding how to substitute video input with another file. And now I actually found out on another non-adobe website, https://adobemasters.net/how-to-replace-footage-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc-2018/. I was able to find the menu function for "Replace footage" which did the trick. Just a bit frustrating that the Adobe help pages did not include this information, but for sure - there are lots of area that is covered.... So, problem SOLVED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines