• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with opening project or create new project Premiere Pro CC 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premiere Pro for a while, but only sporadically. I tried to use it today, and ran into some issues. I used it earlier in the week without issue. 

I made a short video to better describe my problems that I can in writing, but basically I can't open an existing project. When I click open everything disappears. I also cannot create a new project. When I click on browse to put the project in a specific folder nothing happens. 

I have tried various things. Initially I tried to remove cache and profiles based on a thread I found on here. That did not work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere. Nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the Creative Cloud. Still nothing. I tried resetting my computer to a state from a month or so ago when I know Premiere was working. That did not work. I tried reinstalling the OS but not the other files. That didn't work. Finally, I wiped the hard drive and reinstalled everything. Same problem. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Lehlohonolo,

Looking at the video, it looks as if the OP is browsing for project files in his iCloud disk. If you also have an iCloud disk and store project files there, that might be at the heart of the issue. Personally, I have completely uninstalled this Apple service from my workflow and no problems since.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences is another thing you can try,.
Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.

Read more at:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

Can you browse and find files OK with other Adobe products like Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can browse and find files & create new files in all other apps I have installed: Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Xd, and Lightroom; except Premiere Pro and After Effects. 

I did try reseting preferences. No help. 

I was on chat with Adobe support for a few hours Friday night. The tech support person admitted that this is a known issue with some Catalina installs. Awaiting a call back from them today to hopefully either come up with a resolution or get a time frame for a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is honestly ridiculous. I'm having the same issue as well. The browse button throughout the application doesn't work period. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times, trashing my preferences, googling this to the ends of the earth but no luck. About to switch to FCP over this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues with Browse throughout. 

Luckily, Premiere isn't mission critical for us at the moment, but if it isn't fixed quickly we are also looking into software options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bradley, may I please know if you did manage to find help? I'm experiencing the (exact) same problem to the extent where I had to reset my entire laptopto default settings and remove everything. Still won't work 😔

Please help if you managed to find a solution. Thanks in advance 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never really found a solution. At some point software updates seemed to
resolve the issue. --
Bradley Durham
Graphic Designer
GetBranded.rocks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lehlohonolo,

Looking at the video, it looks as if the OP is browsing for project files in his iCloud disk. If you also have an iCloud disk and store project files there, that might be at the heart of the issue. Personally, I have completely uninstalled this Apple service from my workflow and no problems since.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Incorrect. I do not use iCloud storage. All data is either stored locally on my hard drive, on a connected external drive, or on our local NAS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why this is marked the "Correct Answer" when it is not. The OP clearly states below the answer that he's not using iCloud. Other people (including me) are having this problem. I've never subscribed or used any version of iCloud, despite Apple's relentless pestering everytime I update my OS. The green checkmark saying that this question has been answered correctly is misleading, and worse: gives poor editors stuck with buggy software false hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines