Exit

Issues with Dell XPS 15 9500

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone.

I have Dell XPS 15 9500 with i9 and 64 GB 

The performance is great when I start Adobe Premiere Pro, GPU 1 "Vivada GTX 1650 Ti" usage about 20 to 26% just normal editing, however after about 2 minutes there is 0 usage on both GPU, SSD about 0 and processor 40%, everything slow after that.

I have checked all settings not sure if I missed anything, any idea?

after restarting Premiere its work again for about 2 min! 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amin_Alwan,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried resetting app preferences to isolate any preference corruption issue that might be causing the app to misbehave? Also, are you experiencing this issue with all the projects?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There could be something at the system level / operating system setting making the system throttle back to conserve the battery on your lap top. Editing requires that all the systems and sub systems like graphics and drives CPU etc are always able to work at full throttle. I would check the power settings and change them to a policy that does not turn off the screen or the drives at any time. There may also be a bit of software Dell bundle that takes over this / these settings that needs setting up to not throttle your system. These settings may also be triggered by having the machine on battery power, plug you lap top into the electric outlet via the charger supplied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines