• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with dragging clips and adjusting clip lengths in Timeline.

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am moving clips around or adjusting the length of them in the timeline, it is no longer showing me where the clip will end up.

Before when you moved something in the timeline a greyed out version of the clip would appear where you are dragging it, and then once you drop the clip it would appear in place of the greyed out one.

I have tried adjusting my timeline display settings but none of it seems to make a difference.

This started randomly half way through editing and as far as i'm aware, i didn't press anything which would've changed it.

It makes it really hard to edit because you can't see where your clips are going to end up so when fine cutting them together it takes multiple tries to stop one overlapping or having a blank space inbetween.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the the Preference files as this can sometimes reset elements of the interface that can seem unusual:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

If this doesn't help, can you, try a new project and see if it is project or program related.

Please can you provide more information about your system and Premiere versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Audio Waveforms and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turning off Audio Waveforms worked for me in PPro 2021, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines