Highlighted

Issues with nearly 1 in every 3 projects

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder sometimes if other people have the extent of the issues I have with Premiere. My timeline will decide to stop working, and I can no longer click anything. My "Workspaces" at the top will decide to stop working, and I can no longer click anything. If I try to use any of the graphics, I can't preview any, I can't customize them when I drag them into the timeline, I get so much lag it's ridiculous for what my system specs are. Most of the time, I'm not even doing anything that's above a small task, for example, just adding a lower third graphic onto a 1080p video. I've gotten the customer service to take over my desktop remotely and "fix" the problems temporarily, which usually leads to my program being reset and my project having to be started over again. A project that should take 40 minutes winds up taking multiple hours, for no reason other than the buggy program.

Specs: Intel i7-4790k, 16GB Ram, Evga GTX 770 4GB, Windows 10 64 bit

Premiere Version: 14.3.1

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

That's a six year old 4th Gen CPU, Intel is now delivering their 10th generation.

The GPU is a "Kepler" chip, also long-out-of-support, old drivers, and no longer supported in Premiere.

Been there ... it's just old gear now. Sadly.

Neil

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues with nearly 1 in every 3 projects

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder sometimes if other people have the extent of the issues I have with Premiere. My timeline will decide to stop working, and I can no longer click anything. My "Workspaces" at the top will decide to stop working, and I can no longer click anything. If I try to use any of the graphics, I can't preview any, I can't customize them when I drag them into the timeline, I get so much lag it's ridiculous for what my system specs are. Most of the time, I'm not even doing anything that's above a small task, for example, just adding a lower third graphic onto a 1080p video. I've gotten the customer service to take over my desktop remotely and "fix" the problems temporarily, which usually leads to my program being reset and my project having to be started over again. A project that should take 40 minutes winds up taking multiple hours, for no reason other than the buggy program.

Specs: Intel i7-4790k, 16GB Ram, Evga GTX 770 4GB, Windows 10 64 bit

Premiere Version: 14.3.1

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

That's a six year old 4th Gen CPU, Intel is now delivering their 10th generation.

The GPU is a "Kepler" chip, also long-out-of-support, old drivers, and no longer supported in Premiere.

Neil

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talk about your system specs, premiere version, and the type of media you are working with.

As you said, it's a professional editing software and professional editors have professional hardware and workflows that involve proper editing codecs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn, that's a shame! Just had recently replaced the CPU in the past year as well. I guess it's time to start browsing for a future upgrade! I appreciate it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1