• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 2060 6GB GDDR6

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am new to Premiere pro. Just bought a PC with NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 2060 6GB GDDR6. Everytime I try using Premiere Pro it shows an system error message - "unsupported video driver" - how should I fix it? Although the dialogue box gives me an option of carrying on without fixing it - but it also says that taking this choice I might face degradation, data loss etc. I'm here if any one of you could help me fix this. 

Thanks in advance

Sanghita

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro and MAYBE Premiere Elements use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Hi.  I don't know if you've already tried this.  But I was able to get these messages eliminated by contacting the Nvidia online chat support.  They took me through a step by step process that replaced the current driver I had, the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 on a brand new laptop, and installed a custom driver.  There are too many steps for me to remember, but I highly recommend you go directly to Nvidia. That error message is gone now for Illustrator, Premiere, etc.

I really think that the Adobe te

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro and MAYBE Premiere Elements use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, John, for your kind reply. I'll try following the routes that you suggested and see if this is fixed. 

Regards

Sanghita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John - jusr to tell you that the issue is resolved - it seems. Thanks a million 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I don't know if you've already tried this.  But I was able to get these messages eliminated by contacting the Nvidia online chat support.  They took me through a step by step process that replaced the current driver I had, the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 on a brand new laptop, and installed a custom driver.  There are too many steps for me to remember, but I highly recommend you go directly to Nvidia. That error message is gone now for Illustrator, Premiere, etc.

I really think that the Adobe team should be more clear on what exactly needs to be done in these situations.  We all spend so much money both for the Adobe Product, and for cutting edge computers, to do our work. I've seen so many comments with people having these error messages, and no clear direction from the team. Hopefully that can be improved.  Thanks, hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect making sure all software/drivers are up to date is basic computer managment.

Its a well know fact socalled new computers/laptops come with old drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, there are clearly enough people asking this question, and not knowing that answer, that I would not assume that everyone knows this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, as  new person on the forum, I'm looking for helpful advice and solutions. And if there is something I can provide as far as helpful solutions, I will do so. I certainly don't expect to be condescended to as I'm trying to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jenny5C73

Thank you for helping out and your suggestion. I followed John's suggestion (above) and the error was resolved that day itself. You are absolutely right, I went directly to Nvidia site and downloaded the uptodate drive and intalled it. I first went to the tech support of Dell but they were unable to help resolving it.

Once again, thanks for responding. Much appreciated. Take care and stay safe.

Regards

Sanghita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sanghita,

I'm very glad you were able to resolve the issue, and thanks for your letting me know you had the same experience.  Take care too - Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines