Highlighted

It takes Premiere about 2 seconds to play back 1 second of video?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit some footage of me gaming for youtube. Once I import the raw footage and drag it into the timeline to watch it back, both the audio and video seem to stutter. It sounds similar to holding down the right arrow key to watch video frame by frame. I'e tried speeding up the playback, I've tired rendering out the timeline, and I've even tried reinstalling. Nothing is working. My OBS settings and Premiere settings haven't changed. I've seen elsewhere that Varriable Refresh Rates could affect the imported videos, and I do have a monitor that supports VRF, but I thought I had accounted for this in OBS by locking the framerate at 60 FPS. Windows Media Player also has no issue playing back, and I can obviosly tell its at 60 FPS and not 144 (native refresh of my monitor). The only thing I can think of that would be affecting this is that there  might be a new setting that rolled out with the newer version of premiere because that's when these issues started. 

I'm sorry if this is confusing to read, I honestly have no clue how to even ask for help on this because it's such a wierd question. I can't find an answer anywhere online as to why this might be happening.

Community Beginner
Correct answer by Harrio | Community Beginner

Ah ha! I've been doing a TON of searching through various forums and videos and such and found that some people had success through changing their audio hardware input settings to "no input." Of course, this didn't work for me, but I recently changed my USB audio interface and some more searching led me to try changing the device class from "MME" to "ASIO." Apparently this is a problem that has plagued PPCC since it launched, but it has this weird work around. Video and audio play back normally now! 

Thank you again for taking time to respond!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

It takes Premiere about 2 seconds to play back 1 second of video?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit some footage of me gaming for youtube. Once I import the raw footage and drag it into the timeline to watch it back, both the audio and video seem to stutter. It sounds similar to holding down the right arrow key to watch video frame by frame. I'e tried speeding up the playback, I've tired rendering out the timeline, and I've even tried reinstalling. Nothing is working. My OBS settings and Premiere settings haven't changed. I've seen elsewhere that Varriable Refresh Rates could affect the imported videos, and I do have a monitor that supports VRF, but I thought I had accounted for this in OBS by locking the framerate at 60 FPS. Windows Media Player also has no issue playing back, and I can obviosly tell its at 60 FPS and not 144 (native refresh of my monitor). The only thing I can think of that would be affecting this is that there  might be a new setting that rolled out with the newer version of premiere because that's when these issues started. 

I'm sorry if this is confusing to read, I honestly have no clue how to even ask for help on this because it's such a wierd question. I can't find an answer anywhere online as to why this might be happening.

Community Beginner
Correct answer by Harrio | Community Beginner

Ah ha! I've been doing a TON of searching through various forums and videos and such and found that some people had success through changing their audio hardware input settings to "no input." Of course, this didn't work for me, but I recently changed my USB audio interface and some more searching led me to try changing the device class from "MME" to "ASIO." Apparently this is a problem that has plagued PPCC since it launched, but it has this weird work around. Video and audio play back normally now! 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to convert your video using handbrake

you should convert it from varibale frame rate to constant frame rate.. Then import the file to premiere and check if the issue persists.. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response!

So I converted with Handbrake and the problem is still there. After closer inspection, it seems like some parts of the video are worse than others. I feel like it's not my computer having issues because it exceeds the recommended settings. I even cleared out old cached data and that didnt work either. Do you have any other suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 1