Jagged edges for new Essential Graphics Titler

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm running Premiere Pro 11.1.0 (222 Build).

I find that the Essential Graphics Titler is producing titles with more jagged edges as compared to the Legacy Titler. Same issue over a few machines. Is there a fix for this? See the screengrab attached.

(Above text is legacy, below is the new essential graphics.)

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 19.37.23.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

The jagged edges occur in the preview AND when I export.

I created texts from the tools panels. Most of them were right but four of them (but each one was an edited copy from the other) got jagged.

- No shadows.

- Tried preview with high quality.

- Sequence settings matched what some people suggested above (ARRI Cinema with progressive field).

What I did to solve the problem was recreate the problematic titles from the top menu. But it seems very annoying .. too much bugs on Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, happens only on render, jagged text, I tried the solutions and didn't work for me, I'm using just the text tool. Premiere v12

Captura de pantalla 2018-08-24 a la(s) 11.17.10.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same bug under the current Premiere version at work (12.1.1) and was able to fix it because "Composite in linear color" was not selected in the sequence settings.

Afterwards the problem was completely gone. I hope I can help you with that.

jaggedTittle.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is incredibly frustrating! I decided to go around the Essential Graphics shadow by adding an Effects drop shadow, and because it was a bit too subtle I doubled it up. This literally resulted in my text drifting diagonally across the screen as if I'd put a set of position key frames, but only on export. The preview looks fine and animates in place as it was intended to.

It also seemed to connect and respond to a clip cut on the layer below (when the clip changes on V1, the title on V2 jumps - Why would this even happen? I guess the drop shadow is responsive to what's beneath it in a sense, but this sort of behaviour is so random.

The only other effect on it is a Gaussian Blur which I used to improve the animation.

I then tried to add the Channel Blur potential fix which resulted in random diagonal animation again.

Clearly the algorithms and coding behind the Essential Graphics functionality is not entirely stable, it's really disappointing as someone who used to use AE to do all titles - I've now invested all my time into Premiere based titles on this project and the quality is a let down.

I'm now going to work without any shadow (despite visibility issues) and will possibly place my titles into another sequence to be subbed in once the rest of the video is set, then I will add a drop shadow to that entire sequence so it isn't directly connected to my Essential Graphics, and hopefully this will provide a better result.

Very frustrating to need to deal with problems that simply shouldn't exist.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines