• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript API for premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where i can find the javascript API link for Premiere pro. I want to change the Lumetri color parameters like Exposure, Contrast, HIghlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks and Saturation etc programmatically.

Thanks,

Nehru

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

The four best resources I'm aware of for exploring the Premiere Pro ExtendScript API follow:

1. The ExtendScript Toolkit's Object Model Viewer - A built-in documentation browser that displays some of the available application APIs. Unfortunately, it's a bit out of date and does not contain any documentation for Components.
  2. The PProPanel api_doc.html page - This is the only resource I'm aware of that provides actual documentation for some of the Premiere Pro ExtendScript APIs. Unfortunately, it is an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nehru,

As has been explained, there is no "JavaScript API" there is an ExtendScript API for interacting programmatically with Premiere, and the functionality for getting and setting keyframe values within Effect components is demonstrated in the PProPanel sample

Javascript API to change Premiere Pro Lumetri color

Basically, you have to navigate through the active sequence to select the target clip, within the clip to select the target component (eg Lumetri Effect), and within the component to select the target property (eg Exposure etc)

so a particular property (eg Exposure, Contrast, Highlights ect) would be referenced using something like:

myEffectProperty = app.project.activeSequence.videoTracks.clips.components.properties

where 'i' is the target track's index number (within the sequence)

where 'j' is the target clip's index number (within the track)

where 'k' is the component (effect) index number (within the clip)

where 'l' is the property index number (within the effect)

A quick scan of a targetted clip (using code derived directly from the PProPanel sample) reveals the following parameters (properties) for a Lumetri Color effect.

var clipComponents = clip.components;

if (clipComponents){

for (var cc = 0; cc < clipComponents.numItems; ++cc) {

$.writeln('component ' + cc + ' = ' + clipComponents[cc].matchName + ' : ' + clipComponents[cc].displayName);

var componentProperties = clipComponents[cc].properties;

for (var cp = 0; cp < componentProperties.numItems; ++cp){

$.writeln('param ' + cp + ' = ' + componentProperties[cp].displayName);

}

}

}

component 2 = AE.ADBE Lumetri : Lumetri Color

param 0 = Blob

param 1 = 

param 2 = Basic Correction

param 3 = 

param 4 = 

param 5 = 

param 6 = Input LUT

param 7 = HDR White

param 8 = White Balance

param 9 = WB Selector

param 10 = Temperature

param 11 = Tint

param 12 =

param 13 = Tone

param 14 = Exposure

param 15 = Contrast

param 16 = Highlights

param 17 = Shadows

param 18 = Whites

param 19 = Blacks

param 20 = HDR Specular

param 21 = 

param 22 = 

param 23 =

param 24 = Saturation

param 25 =

param 26 = Creative

param 27 = 

param 28 = 

param 29 = 

param 30 = Look

param 31 = Intensity

param 32 = Adjustments

param 33 = Faded Film

param 34 = Sharpen

param 35 = Vibrance

param 36 = Saturation

param 37 =

param 38 = Tint Balance

param 39 =

param 40 =

param 41 = Curves

param 42 = 

param 43 = RGB Curves

param 44 = HDR Range

param 45 = 

param 46 =

param 47 = Hue Saturation Curves

param 48 = 

param 49 =

param 50 =

param 51 = Color Wheels

param 52 = 

param 53 = HDR White

param 54 = 

param 55 =

param 56 = HSL Secondary

param 57 = 

param 58 = Key

param 59 = Set color

param 60 = Add color

param 61 = Remove color

param 62 = 

param 63 = 

param 64 = 

param 65 = 

param 66 = 

param 67 = 

param 68 = 

param 69 = Refine

param 70 = Denoise

param 71 = Blur

param 72 = Blur

param 73 = Correction

param 74 = 

param 75 = 

param 76 = Temperature

param 77 = Tint

param 78 = Contrast

param 79 = Sharpen

param 80 = Saturation

param 81 = Saturation

param 82 =

param 83 = Vignette

param 84 = 

param 85 = Amount

param 86 = Midpoint

param 87 = Roundness

param 88 = Feather

param 89 =

param 90 = SpeedGrade Custom

param 91 = Custom Layer

param 92 = unused

param 93 = unused

param 94 = 

param 95 =

param 96 =

param 97 = Embedded LUTs

Cheers

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The four best resources I'm aware of for exploring the Premiere Pro ExtendScript API follow:

1. The ExtendScript Toolkit's Object Model Viewer - A built-in documentation browser that displays some of the available application APIs. Unfortunately, it's a bit out of date and does not contain any documentation for Components.
  2. The PProPanel api_doc.html page - This is the only resource I'm aware of that provides actual documentation for some of the Premiere Pro ExtendScript APIs. Unfortunately, it is an html page and is best viewed by cloning the repository locally and opening the page in a browser.
  3. The PProPanel Premiere.jsx script - Bruce Bullis​ has consistently directed users to reference this sample code for insight into the Premiere Pro API. Advancements have been made (see #2 above), but, sadly, the most common suggestion is to reference this document.
  4. The Property Explorer Addon - A free utility provided by a community member that allows you to investigate APIs (properties and methods) at runtime from within the running application (e.g. Premiere Pro). As this utility uses a combination of ExtendScript Reflection and basic JavaScript property enumeration​ at runtime, it is capable of revealing APIs that are not documented in any of the aforementioned resources. Note that it may require special installation.

I hope this is helpful for future developers similarly struggling to find their bearing in this development environment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One new, additional resource = Bryson Michael has put together an online API reference! http://www.brysonmichael.com/premiereapi-home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce Bullis wrote

One new, additional resource = Bryson Michael has put together an online API reference! http://www.brysonmichael.com/premiereapi-home

Where did Bryson get the documentation? Some APIs listed there are undocumented in the resources I previously mentioned while others that are documented (e.g. in api_doc.html) don't have any descriptive content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where did Bryson get the documentation?

Personal experience? He didn't have access to anything that isn't already available.

Broadly: Yes, we realize that more documentation could make getting started, and helping yourself, easier. We stopped counting "PPro panels in active use, every day" once we got past 250; we don't think the lack of further documentation is preventing necessary integrations.

Until recently, we have focused on working code examples, over documentation work. That has changed.

Actually, for many development tasks, we've been told that screencasts walking through common tasks are more useful, than written instructions for moving doing the same things. My team and I are working on screencasts, and development heuristics (how to address commonly-requested tasks).

In the mean time, continue to feel free to ask us anything. We want all integrations to be successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum #1 - QE DOM

I should quickly add that certain APIs are 100% hidden from all of the resources I mentioned above. One major hole in the documentation is the QE DOM. According to Bruce Bullis​​, the QE DOM is "officially unsupported, and not recommended".

That said, certain important functionality is simply impossible without it. While at odds with the above statement, the much recommended official Premiere.jsx file makes use of it 6 times (at time of writing). In short, to make use of it, you must first run the following hidden API:

app.enableQE();

Running this function will insert a global qe object into the ExtendScript context, providing you with access to a large list of features (some of which are used in the Premiere.jsx file). The inserted object is a raw JavaScript (or ExtendScript) object, so it does not have a "Class" type associated with it.

Addendum #2 - Accessing the Object Model Viewer

I only just found this link, but I recommend checking it out for learning how to access the ExtendScript Toolkit's Object Model Viewer (#1 in the resources previously mentioned).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines