• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jpeg not showing up in premiere pro sequence?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project that requires video and still images, and the video clips are all working fine. However, when I place any .jpeg photos into the sequence, they only show up as black rectangles. I've tried restarting the program and nothing changed. Is there any way to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

I solved my problem by converting all my jpeg files to png files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pictures must be RGB not CMYK http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1081681

If that doesn't help, try these links

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved my problem by converting all my jpeg files to png files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well...even though the png size was larger then jpg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, same here, jpegs no longer show up on my external monitor viewed through blackmagic mini studio, have to convert to PNG which is annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted my JPEGS to .png and made sure it was RBG, but my PNG files are still not showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same and it's not showing up. If Adobe has changed Premiere so that users can't upload images into their timelines, then we have a big problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I opened up a new sequence and that fixed it. It was an older project so I'm guessing something got corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried converting my .jpg files to .png and i still had no luck. I found that my renderer was set to "OpenCL" instead of "Metal". When I changed it to "metal" my picture was visible again. To change the setting go to File>Project Settings>General and there are drop down options for the renderer. Don't know if this helps anyone else, but it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to change it away from metal to "software only" but essentially this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 20 solid minutes of converting the image to every possible format, color mode and size, even tried taking a screenshot, just noticed I had the layer hidden, so please guys check on those little things! Oh god! 🙂 Have a nice day everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HOW IN THE WORLD. Me too. What the heck?? Haha. Thank you! Saved me about 18 minutes haha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

project settings> software only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works,thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jan 2023 and still just thank you... i was gonna blow a fuse going through 4 different topics and 3 youtube tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2023, this solved it for me. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless ya! It worked 🙂
January 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm as of April 2022. Converting from JPEG to PNG will fix it. Sucks we have to this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Are you meeting system requirements? Can you tell us more about your computer and the image size of these images? Let me know so I can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I am having the same problem.  jpg thumbnails show up as grayed out in the bin in Premiere Pro.

Turning off the GPU fixes the problem but that is not ideal.

If I right click on the grayed out thumbnail and select  Modify > Interpret footage and select color override and select color space override and set it to sRGB the thumbnail appears. Unfortunately, I can only convert one photo at a time.

The initial color space of the grayed out imported jpg was sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (this was generated from an export from Photoshop 23.3.0). 

If I do a save as for a jpg from Photoshop and do not specify a color profile the thumbnail appears in Premiere Pro.

I am using Premiere Pro version 22.2.0 build 128 on Windows 11 with an Nvidia 2080 GPU version 512-15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that rejdmast1. Is it possible to file this bug here? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Kevin.  I posted the problem where you recommended. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rejdmast1,

Sorry. I could not find your bug report. Can you place the URL in a thread so that we can upvote?

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines