• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just updated Premiere Pro it keeps freezing my PC

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the new windows update yesterday and updated Premiere Pro today when prompted. Now it freezes my entire PC and I have to do a hard reset each time I add a graphic or text to my sequence. Tried 3 times and 3 freezes. Dont have any issues with other apps or games. Dont have intel graphics activated, i have a rtx 3080 and I9 10900K with 32GB Ram. Any help appreciated!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

There are a number of issues apparently caused by the more recent Nvidia game driver. If you go to Mercury Acceleration in Project Settings, set that to software only, and it works ... change the driver.

Go to the Nvidia website and download the most recent or maybe one-back Studio driver. Do a clean install. Some can work with the lastest studio, some need to be back one studio driver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of issues apparently caused by the more recent Nvidia game driver. If you go to Mercury Acceleration in Project Settings, set that to software only, and it works ... change the driver.

Go to the Nvidia website and download the most recent or maybe one-back Studio driver. Do a clean install. Some can work with the lastest studio, some need to be back one studio driver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THat worked for me so far no crash..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep us posted if it recurs ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been 5 hours editing no crash, I DOwnloaded the Stdio version of Nvidia driver works  with no hicccups!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with software but I use effecs that require GPU Acceleration. If I use Studio driver will it affect my games? Im a game content creator, i need to game properly to get video footage to edit.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know what the 'game' driver variance is. So you could simpy test.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines