• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jvc camera every 10 minuts cuts videos

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My JVC camera every 10 minuts cuts videos how can i merge video in 1 piece??

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming your camera is shooting with "spanned" clips.  Many cameras use an old disk partition format that has a file size limitation of about 4 gigs.   The camera seamlessly (hopefully) creates a new file when it reaches the file size limitation.  Your editing program should seamlessly (hopefully) merges the files to create a single clip.  Premiere is a little wonky on this when you import the files it creates the merged clip with the file name of the first file and the correct starting timecode but you can still see the other files but they have a starting timecode of 0.  It's not simple or intuitive, but it should be working correctly.  The only issue is if you need to export an xml file to bring your sequence into a program like davinci resolve for color correction.  Then it becomes a mess.  the simplest solution is to take the combo clip and export it to a single file in a high quality format.  If any of this is not clear, post back with your questions....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines