Keeping a overlay footage to stay still

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently editing a video of my friend looking up at the sky, I dragged an overlay footage of a planet to place in the background, but as my video pans from left to right the planet also moves with the camera movements. Is there a way to keep the planet/footage stationary in it's original position? The planet starts on the right corner and as the camera pans to the right it would eventually end up in the center from the original position. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

You keyframe motion in any direction you want. Including at times "against" other motion.

Neil

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keeping a overlay footage to stay still

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently editing a video of my friend looking up at the sky, I dragged an overlay footage of a planet to place in the background, but as my video pans from left to right the planet also moves with the camera movements. Is there a way to keep the planet/footage stationary in it's original position? The planet starts on the right corner and as the camera pans to the right it would eventually end up in the center from the original position. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

You keyframe motion in any direction you want. Including at times "against" other motion.

Neil

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean, but perhaps you mean to track the movement of the planet and then move the planet footage the same amount so it stays still?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the planet doesn't move. It's situated in the top right corner but as the video footage starts to pan more to the right the planet moves along with the camera which in reality if you look at the moon in the sky and start to look right the moon is not going to follow as you look elsewhere. I just need the footage of the planet to stay in one spot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 0
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could either keyframe its motion manualy in Premiere or use After Effects to track it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched a lot of videos on YouTube and it seems that everyone uses keyframe to help move an footage/object, will this keep it from doing the opposite?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 1
Haiden T LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give it a go!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a frame capture of the planet video in place of the planet video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0