Highlighted

Keeps asking me to update the graphics driver

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last 2 or 3 upgrades I have this problem:

When I start Premiere, it tells me that my graphics driver is outdated and I should upgrade.

If I continue with the old driver, the program crashes.

So I download and install the driver, restarts my computer, and now Premiere works.

But the next time, after my computer has been shut down, it all starts all over again. Meaning that each time I want to use Premiere, I have to do all this work.

What is the problem? does windows uninstall the driver again or is Premiere unable to recognize the driver?
It's pretty annoying.

Topics

Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keeps asking me to update the graphics driver

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last 2 or 3 upgrades I have this problem:

When I start Premiere, it tells me that my graphics driver is outdated and I should upgrade.

If I continue with the old driver, the program crashes.

So I download and install the driver, restarts my computer, and now Premiere works.

But the next time, after my computer has been shut down, it all starts all over again. Meaning that each time I want to use Premiere, I have to do all this work.

What is the problem? does windows uninstall the driver again or is Premiere unable to recognize the driver?
It's pretty annoying.

Topics

Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model video card?

What number driver is installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a ACER Nitro 5 with a NVIDIA Geforce GTX graphics card.

The driver I install is the one linked to from the error message - I don't remember the number right now.
But after installation I checked it and it was the number that Premiere told me was the latest.

When I open GForce Experience, it say that the driver is 441.87  but Premiere ask me to install an Intel Graphics driver 24.20.100.6286 .  

I apparently have version 22.20.16.4749 - But I have installed the version Premiere is using at least 10 times over the the last month - and it worked after that - until I shut down the computer.

But why is Premiere using the Intel Graphics and not the Geforce?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weirdly, if I open the Acer control panel, it says that

Graphics card 1 : NVIDA

Graphics card 2: Intel

So I find it strange that Premiere is using Intel.

I'll try to disable Intel in BIOS and see what happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, things are getting weird.

I used device manager to deactivate Intel Graphics and my display turned to low resolution and looked strange.

I then rebooted the computer and during start it said that I do not have a display connected to the NVIDIA graphics card.

I am aware that this does not seem to be an Adobe problem, but do you have any suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, where is your monitor cable connected... to the backplane of the motherboard, or the nvidia output?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no monitor cable - it's a laptop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, like most laptops it requires the integrated Intel graphics enabled just to run at all. And if your system is from the Kaby Lake era, the OEM-specific version of the Intel driver it requires dates way back to 2017, and will not let you install a generic Intel driver on top of the OEM-specific driver at all.

The only way to fix that would be to completely uninstall all traces of the OEM-specific Intel driver, and then try to download and install the latest generic DCH Intel driver.

Randall

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound a bit annoying.

However I have now succeeded in updating the Intel driver - I tried several times earlier and always got an error saying that the computer only could be upgraded with customized drivers from Acer. But today I finally managed to upgrade it from Intel.

It seems that this solved the problem with Premiere constantly asking me to upgrade.

However it did not solve the problem that the computer can't use the NVIDIA card - so now I'm contemplating why they installed it? (I have just asked this question in the ACER forum 🙂 )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyluck?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really - except what I wrote in my previous post.
But I have not had the problem since then.

I think that my NVIDIA card is only user when I am doing very heavy tasks, like converting video etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Very frustrating and time consuming to use the software. Let me know if you get this resolved. I have an Omen by HP laptop KP22HG46

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the full model number. I cannot find any information whatsoever for "KP22HG46" anywhere on the Internet. That appears to be a partial serial number for your particular unit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. I have a Lenovo Y700 i7 latpop  with an NVIDIA GTX960M and I have it set as the default when I open Adobe Premiere Pro but every time I start now I get an error saying that I need the Intel HD graphics 530 driver.... which I have already installed several times now.

Why do I need to install a driver for this at all? And why do I need to download and install THE SAME DRIVER every time?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the problem:

1. Windows itself has a nasty habit of backing up the old and outdated but OEM-verified drivers every time you install a new driver. So every time you restart your PC, if Windows determines that the new drivers aren't validated by the laptop OEM, Windows will revert back to the old and obsolete driver with no warning at all whatsoever.
  2. Many laptops have their displays hard-wired to the integrated Intel graphics even if they have a discrete GPU installed. That means BOTH GPUs MUST be fully enabled for the system to even work at all. And both GPUs require valid drivers to even function at all. If you have no driver for the Intel GPU, your display will be semi-permanently locked to a fail-safe mode (800x600 resolution and only 16 total colors, or 4-bit color).

Put these two together, and you'll see why a laptop ends up frustrating users more often than not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a solution to this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
PoulT LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no.

I never got a useful answer, but after a while it has gone away.

I think that I somehow (no idea how) managed to upgrade the driver after my computer refused to do that many times because "you need a customised driver from ACER".

But I have not had any problems since then.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines