• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeps Crashing

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need help! I am trying to edit a video project and everytime I try to make a change I get the message "a serious error has occured.." and the whole program crashes. I'm using Premiere pro 2020, on Catalina 10.15.6. I have already deleted my media cache and allocated as much ram as it allows me to. I've followed multiple youtube videos but nothing fixes the issue. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Import selected sequences from Premiere Pro projects

You can import one or more sequences of your choosing from another Premiere Pro project.

Note:

To make the assets for a sequence easy to import with the sequence, first consolidate the project that contains the sequence. Collect the files and copy them to a new location with the Project Manager.  

• Select File > Import, and browse to the project file containing the desired sequence or sequences, and select them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the above solved my issue. If I create a new project will I lose all of the work I did on this one? The video was almost finished. Also I am not very knowledgeable about tech so I don't know how to find the answer to half of the questions on your link. However, I edited this without any issues last week and haven't touched the computer since. When I change from Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration to Softwar Only the issue still occurs. The issue happens when I try to remove the stroke from a piece of text. My computer has been sending crash reports but I don't know how to access them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, here are some other solutions that may help:

Solution #1: Switch to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

• Open up Premiere pro and go to File -> Project Settings -> General
  • Under Video Rendering and Playback, switch the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

Solution #2: Update Premiere Pro

• Open up the Adobe Creative Cloud on your computer and make sure to update Premiere Pro to the latest version.

Solution #3: Close All Other Applications

• If you have any other applications open, try closing them. This may help reduce crashes.

Solution #4: Use Proxies

• If you’re working with 4K footage, I recommend using proxies.

Hope this helps!

Kes Agnew

You Want Pizzazz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortuantely I have tried all of these steps already and I am not working in 4k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had a cpu built and it crashes sometime at opening some time 5 minutes in to editing.

Screenshot_20201027-141950.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" If I create a new project will I lose all of the work I did on this one?"

Not if you create a new project and then import the old project into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay but how do you do that? I tried and it only imported all of the individual files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import selected sequences from Premiere Pro projects

You can import one or more sequences of your choosing from another Premiere Pro project.

Note:

To make the assets for a sequence easy to import with the sequence, first consolidate the project that contains the sequence. Collect the files and copy them to a new location with the Project Manager.  

• Select File > Import, and browse to the project file containing the desired sequence or sequences, and select them.
  • Click Open.
  • In the Import Project dialog box, choose whether to import the entire project or selected sequences, and click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines