• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard not working in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently changed my microsoft account on this computer and ever since I can't get my keyboard to work with premiere. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my computer, restarting premiere, creating a different project, but nothing seems to work. Basically what happens is the keyboard will work for one button, so if I press space what ever is in my timeline will play. Then nothing else works on my keyboard. Not even short cuts such ctrl + s to save. Also if I open chrome or any other program while this is happening my keyboard bugs out and it will type an endless stream of what ever character I press and get "stuck". Any way to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ColinF!

To confirm, your keyboard works normally except when you have Premiere open?

I'd like to recommend that you reset your preferences for Premiere. Make sure to read this link carefully, as it tells you what customizations will and won't be saved after the reset: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Report back!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPro doesn't recognize my keyboard but every other program does.

When I hold down the open button - it goes to black but PPro doesn't open. I'm running 10.14.4 and PPro CC. I just reinstalled and still having this problem. What is the next fix? Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works normally except when I have premiere open. I tried resetting my preferences but I still have the problem. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what OS are you using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the reason I ask what OS you have, is that sometimes there are hardware conflicts with usb hubs and various hardware configurations, and on a windows PC you can check what is on your computer ( mice, keyboards, control panels, etc. ) and maybe there is a conflict somewhere ( wireless mice, keyboards, Bluetooth, all sorts of potential hardware 'confusion' ).

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry, I re-read your mssg and it says you changed your Microsoft account recently, so that tell me the OS. It probably has something to do with the change in being able to detect the keyboard properly via PPro ( which looks for mice, keyboards, VR stuff, control panels, etc. ). Did you change account with Microsoft to play more games or something ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this issue on my hand I opened premier and my keyboard was detected only in premier I have already reset my prefences but it still doesnot detect it. i.e shortcut keys dont work etc and in all other applications it works just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not detected **

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a keyboard bug with Premiere 14.5 but it got fixed, what version are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol I am on that version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 14.8 but still in premier keyboard doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I just changed it to a local account because I was sick of microsoft spamming me with message about my windows account needing to be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have discovered that if you go to the "Window" pulldown on a Mac (sorry, I dont know Windows command) and select (usually I am in the "editing" mode) "Workspaces/Reset Saved Layout." this will reset the keyboard back to the default keyboard shortcuts. And all the Settings (pulldown wrench and the "+" on the Project window and the Source window are intact. When you reset 'Settings" using the "option key" on signing in to PP, you have to reset all these and the "Preferences" as well. Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines