Keyboard operation not possible

Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Nobody needs the new features in Premiere Pro 14.5, but everyone needs keyboard controls!
Since the update to 14.5, the keyboard controls and moving the clips with the mouse (left button pressed) no longer work!
Everything is fine with the older versions of Premiere Pro!
macOS Mojave 10.14.6
iMacPro
Greetings
R. Stephan

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately does not work!

R. Stephan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having any issues in Win10 ... please get all this data to the engineers via their UserVoice system. This site is primarily user-to-user peer support, that's the engineer's data portal.

Neil  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

I have send this to USER VOICE!

R. Stephan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try creating a new user account with administrator privileges in system preferences:  users and accounts.  Could be something got corrupted in the update or there's a conflict with another program.  Why not revert to the previous version until you can sort this out...?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this. We are investigating a similar issue. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in this article and check if it helps?. Also, please let us know if these are the custom keyboard shortcuts or the default ones. 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
i am currently out of the office and will try the steps mentioned in this article on monday!
Neither the standard keyboard shortcuts nor my custom keyboard shortcuts work, when using the keyboard!
A first keyboard command works and then no further!
Also take clips with the mouse while holding the left mouse button, and moving is not possible!

Greetings

R. Stephan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am back again!
I haven't changed the standard work areas, but they are of no use to me on 2 monitors! (Thunderbolt Display and iMacPro)
The control panels are all docked with me, so the steps in the article are of no use to me!
R. Stephan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can your share a screenshot of your workspace?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-26 um 16.46.33.pngThunderbolt Display (on left)

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-26 um 16.47.54 Kopie.pngiMacPro Display (on right)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Mac's but it looks like you are using floating panels on both monitors, if this is the case your keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop won't work with the latest update until you do the workaround.

What happens when you select "Reset to saved layout" or when you select a default workspace? is it the same?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ralfs40208074 AUTHOR LATEST
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When resetting to the saved layout, the behavior is the same, the first keyboard shortcut works, then none.
Drag and drop doesn't work!
In the standard workspace (edit) everything works great (drag and drop & keyboard shortcuts)!
But how should I be able to work properly with one display?

All previous versions worked with my workspaces!
It looks like we're supposed to be prevented from doing our work with the 14.x version:
- Crashes under High Sierra in recording settings
-Error message from the importer
-Device control with meaningless content
-High Sierra no longer fully supported
- now this BS

I take now Version 13.x !

(I still have all the old versions!)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines