• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcuts Randomly Not Working in Project Panel in 14.5.0

Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project panel, when I upgraded to Premiere 14.5.0 from the last version, suddenly I can't use my Duplicate keyboard shortcut in the Project panel, or anything. Can't delete using the delete key... I am able to rename a file if I click on it and type, but other than that no shortcuts work. I reinstalled it and it worked when my system was set to 150% scaling... then I exited the program, set it to 175% scaling and opened it again and it didn't work again. Not sure if that's the reason, but nothing else has changed. I checked my keyboard shortcuts and reset the Ctrl+D for duplicate, still doesn't work. Bizarre issue.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm now noticing I can't drag footage into the project panel, I have to import it via the File Menu. When I try to drag onto the project panel it gives me the "No" icon. Like the circle with the line through it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay even more updates, I can't even drag folders or footage between bins inside the project panel itself. Like, I imported with File>Import and now I'm dragging the bin to the correct place in the project panel and it doesn't even show that I'm moving anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.. Everything seems broken.  Going to have to go back to older version just to get something done today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're reading this, I fixed it by exiting Premiere and starting a new, clean project, then importing my old project. Now it seems to work but I'll update if there are other problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com o mesmo problema e ainda não encontrei nenhuma solução alem de voltar para a versão anterior. A Adobe sendo Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about this poor experience. We are investigating a similar issue, which is getting resolved by docking the panels or by using the default workspace. Please refer to this article for more info on it. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem actually is not solved. It doesn't work if I put the browser window on my second monitor. What is wrong with you people over there? Do you not test these? Do you think it's reasonable to restrict us to one monitor in an update? Honestly, why am I paying $600 a year for this garbage, buggy software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, similar problem. No keyboard shortcuts or ability to move anything in the timeline with the mouse after the latest update. The only solution (if you can call it that) is to use the adobe preset workspaces. Not ideal. Please fix this fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem: keybord shortcuts + drag and drop items from Finder to Premiere not working in my second monitor. Current version is 14.5.0.

Using Premiere standard workspaces seems to work, but when I drag tabs to my other monitor the problem shows up again. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I tried the mentioned method of creating a brand new, fresh project --> import old project. But unfortunately the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Arrange the panels as you like
  2. Save your custom workspace
  3. Restart Premiere

Now, whenever you launch Premiere:
Close your floating panels, select workspace > Reset to saved layout (alt + shift  + 0)
This way your floating panels will always work as it should

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that you have to close your floating panels before resetting workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. But I'd installed the previous version (14.4.0) in order to adress this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is a HUGE issue that needs to move to the top of the bug list.  I'm essentially stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Shortcuts aren't working properly on MacBook Pro, even when resetting Premiere or reinstalling it. All timeline commands are broken. Impossible to finnish my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same - I am unable to use ANY keyboard shortcuts in the Source or Effet Controls panels...reverting back to 14.4 ansd crossing my fingers. Yikes, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if these issues were fixed in 14.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the keyboard and workspace issues?

(thanks by the way!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes both fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having these same issues.  Did it get fixed for anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, still happening. I reset preferences and everything. You'd think this would be a quick fix that they could patch right away. Would love to be able to update but obvi this breaks the whole program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Sorry! Please use a dedicated Premiere Pro workspace, like, "Editing." That should help you workaround the issue. It's a known bug that is fixed but not yet released as we are still testing out the fix. We'll get that fix to you as fast as we possibly can. In the meantime, a dedicated workspace should help. If not, choose to reset your current workspace. I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines