• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts won't recognize numeric keypad.

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2015 MacBook Pro and a purchased a wireless numeric keypad (on Amazon: Wireless Numeric Keypad by JOYEKY). When I open keyboard shortcuts, it won't register the numeric keypad, it only allows me to set shortcuts for my laptop keyboard. I've tried the number lock (clear) as suggested but still nothing.

I'm able to use the home, end, pg. up, pg. down, numbers and arrows but nothing with a modifier key (i.e command + Arrow left = nudge 1 frame left).

Curious if anyone else has this problem and how to resolve it. Or if there's a numeric keypad that someone has had success with. Thanks.

x20ppro_shortcuts_tut.jpg.pagespeed.ic.D0QcNvlRPs.jpgmaxresdefault.jpgScreen Shot 2018-11-03 at 10.13.27 PM.png

** also I noticed that the ad spelled it functioanal, so I'm beginning to have my doubts about this purchase.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with an external wireless keyboard, any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a chat with them online about it - [paraphrasing] "Because not all devices have a side number pad, it's easier to just take it out altogether for consistency"

It sucks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2 hours with the hotline of apple to understand that Adobe is not able to assign shortcuts of a numeric Keypad on there softwares... And it's not possible to change the mapping with the external numpad. 😤😡

For ex : on windows, not any problem with external numpad. 

On mac : shortkey on the adobe suite doesn't work. For ex on lightroom, the 7 assign a green label on the image. On a mac, with an external numeric keyboard, it doesn't work (but works very well on windows 🙄👌). 

The only way/solution that I found is to change the langage. 

For lightroom, a numeric keyboard works in english... Not with french or other language 😡😡😡😡😡 

I'm waiting the answer of Adobe but, it's amazing that it's ok on Windows but not with a mac.  🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines