Keyframed footage moves beyond final keyframe

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having this super weird problem with my keyframes, you can see in the video i attatched but basically im keyframing the motion and I have an opacity mask on, theres no problem with the opacity mask, but there is with the motion. When the timeline gets to the last keyframe, the footage keeps moving beyond the specified stopping point and i cant even think about why this could be, there are no keyframes after the final one for it to be trying to get to that, for some reason the final one just messes up. Its possible that the file im editing on just has this problem, but then again its only on this one clip, and ive gone down to 14.5 hoping it would be solved, it wasnt, then i updated back up to 14.7 and still have the same problem, please let me know if you can help with this.

Video Link :  https://youtu.be/GjLWF-ExAWQ

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyframed footage moves beyond final keyframe

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having this super weird problem with my keyframes, you can see in the video i attatched but basically im keyframing the motion and I have an opacity mask on, theres no problem with the opacity mask, but there is with the motion. When the timeline gets to the last keyframe, the footage keeps moving beyond the specified stopping point and i cant even think about why this could be, there are no keyframes after the final one for it to be trying to get to that, for some reason the final one just messes up. Its possible that the file im editing on just has this problem, but then again its only on this one clip, and ive gone down to 14.5 hoping it would be solved, it wasnt, then i updated back up to 14.7 and still have the same problem, please let me know if you can help with this.

Video Link :  https://youtu.be/GjLWF-ExAWQ

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a guess, but I would check to see what the motion looks like in the graph editor. It might have a curve that goes beyond that last keyframe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the line that comes up when i click on the position tab? yeah it does have a point it goes to beyond the final keyframe, but I cant seem to delete it, and there is no keyframe on my actual timeline past the final one.

I brought down the opacity of the clip for you to see the motion graph

premier keyframe issue.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by any chance have you trimmed the clip so that you're no longer including a keyframe?  happens to me all the time.  Can't remember how I fix it, but I think if you click on the arrow to take you to the next keyframe you should be able to delete it... or move the clip to a higher video track and extend it past that keyframe and then delete it.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay im gonna give that a try

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0