Highlighted

Keyframes don't line up properly when using time remapping

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I apply time remapping and then add an effect, the timings for the effect will be off. To me, it seems that premiere is using the clip's displayed frame as the timing for the effects. The effect controls panel shows the expected result - it is using the timeline's time to see how the effect should be applied. I don't think this is intended because the footage and the effect controls panel display different things.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Pretty much any time you apply time-remapping, nest after remapping, then apply effects. That typically sorts it out. Although occasionally it may work better to apply the effect, nest the clip, then apply time work.

Neil

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyframes don't line up properly when using time remapping

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I apply time remapping and then add an effect, the timings for the effect will be off. To me, it seems that premiere is using the clip's displayed frame as the timing for the effects. The effect controls panel shows the expected result - it is using the timeline's time to see how the effect should be applied. I don't think this is intended because the footage and the effect controls panel display different things.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Pretty much any time you apply time-remapping, nest after remapping, then apply effects. That typically sorts it out. Although occasionally it may work better to apply the effect, nest the clip, then apply time work.

Neil

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try nesting the clip after you've done the time remapping and then applying the effect to the nest in the containing sequence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 1