Keyframes not working on Adjustment Layers

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro v 14.5

I put a Gaussian Blur effect on an Adjustment layer over a video and added a couple of keyframes and the effect stops working. I've done all the usual troubleshooting techniques like resetting everything, cleaning directories, and checking/unchecking Composite in Linear, there is no time remapping or any other changed properties on the clip below.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyframes not working on Adjustment Layers

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro v 14.5

I put a Gaussian Blur effect on an Adjustment layer over a video and added a couple of keyframes and the effect stops working. I've done all the usual troubleshooting techniques like resetting everything, cleaning directories, and checking/unchecking Composite in Linear, there is no time remapping or any other changed properties on the clip below.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working fine with keyframes on my side (win 10, ver 14.5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files: [LInk edited]
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your first URL is broken (Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:)

I've tried the adjustment layer bug with Cineform clips and nested sequences and effects never work -- however, I found another bug (I guess) where if I add a White Solid on top of the Adjustment Layer and reduce its Opacity to 50%, the bottom-Adjustment Layer's keyframes magically show up. 

Outside of uninstalling Premiere, I can't see how I can fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... try this: add another effect to your adjustment layer that is not an accelerated effect, let's say: linear wipe, does this fix the problem? if so, it looks like it's something related to your graphics card (driver, unsupported...)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is Red Giant Universe Glow. I've contacted them about the issue (I've attached an image that shows my problem)Adobe_Premiere_Pro_v4iAhH1U2W.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your first URL is broken (Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache file:)

Thanks. I'll fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0