Highlighted

Labels from subclips do not carry over to sequence the way clips do

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I assume this is a bug or a feature the PTB feel is not important, but for me is an essential feature. 

I do a lot of interview videos, with a dozen or more interviewees. I tend to subclip all the useful sound bites and organize them into bins. First off, the subclips to not carry over the label color from the clip (which had been adjusted prior to subclipping). So I went through the trouble of re-labeling the subclips to match the clips from which they originated. I drag the subclip to the sequence and nope - no matching label. All I get is Iris, the default. Every subclip I drag or add to the sequence is Iris. I can not look visually at the sequence and see which person is where in the timeline because it's all Iris. Does that make any sense? Why would it let me change the label in the bin if it isn't going to carry over into the sequence?

It's things like this that make me question my loyalty to Adobe. 

If I'm simply missing unchecking or checking some box in a preference area somewhere, please let me know. Thanks so much.

Details: Premiere 14.3.0 on an iMac. 

Steve

Correct answer by sgoldberg | Community Beginner

well, I can't seem to find a way to delete my question, so I'll just say that restarting premiere did the trick. I restarted it and then I added the subclips to the sequence and the labels came along. It still would be great if the labels of subclips matched their main clip, but at least I have a workaround now, albeit a time consuming one. Thx!

Topics

Editing, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Labels from subclips do not carry over to sequence the way clips do

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I assume this is a bug or a feature the PTB feel is not important, but for me is an essential feature. 

I do a lot of interview videos, with a dozen or more interviewees. I tend to subclip all the useful sound bites and organize them into bins. First off, the subclips to not carry over the label color from the clip (which had been adjusted prior to subclipping). So I went through the trouble of re-labeling the subclips to match the clips from which they originated. I drag the subclip to the sequence and nope - no matching label. All I get is Iris, the default. Every subclip I drag or add to the sequence is Iris. I can not look visually at the sequence and see which person is where in the timeline because it's all Iris. Does that make any sense? Why would it let me change the label in the bin if it isn't going to carry over into the sequence?

It's things like this that make me question my loyalty to Adobe. 

If I'm simply missing unchecking or checking some box in a preference area somewhere, please let me know. Thanks so much.

Details: Premiere 14.3.0 on an iMac. 

Steve

Correct answer by sgoldberg | Community Beginner

well, I can't seem to find a way to delete my question, so I'll just say that restarting premiere did the trick. I restarted it and then I added the subclips to the sequence and the labels came along. It still would be great if the labels of subclips matched their main clip, but at least I have a workaround now, albeit a time consuming one. Thx!

Topics

Editing, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an option for the last bit, at the bottom of the Project settings dialog, to display the label color for all instances. Check that.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines