• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag before play

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I click play it take about 5 seconds to start playing. 

I have a MacBook Pro 13 inch 2015

2.7 GHz dual-core Intel core i5

8GB of RAM

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I have tried changing resolution, sequence settings, restarting, updating, deleting cache, and  nothing works. I have nearly finished the video project and it has been fine up until now. Everything turned to crap when I input a audio file that was 1 hour long. I have since deleted it and tried my best to get rid of it, but now my video won't play on demand. I think it's time I switch to davinci or final cut, stuff you Adobe.

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

if you can upgrade the ram to 16 gigs, do it.  And replace the internal hard drive with a solid state drive.  I sometimes edit on a 2012 Macbook pro (with 16gigs of RAM and the internal hard drive replaced with a SSD).  It's not the ideal editing platform but it works.    And you should always have at least 20% free space on your startup drive and a minimum of 10% free from any external drives.  You might also explore a proxy workflow where you create lower resolution work copies of your media. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer is not powerful enough for a good editing experience with Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been smoothly editing this project for two weeks. The project is 10 minutes and has numerous effects, only now it has suddenly happened. Also after the five seconds it plays with no lag (effects included)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the minimum specs for Premiere.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

That being said, I'm guessing you're on a mechanical drive that is running out of space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do you think my ram is running out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you can upgrade the ram to 16 gigs, do it.  And replace the internal hard drive with a solid state drive.  I sometimes edit on a 2012 Macbook pro (with 16gigs of RAM and the internal hard drive replaced with a SSD).  It's not the ideal editing platform but it works.    And you should always have at least 20% free space on your startup drive and a minimum of 10% free from any external drives.  You might also explore a proxy workflow where you create lower resolution work copies of your media.  And the audio file that seems to have precipitated the issues:  is it an mp3 file? If so, transcode to 48k 16bit aiff...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I switched everything to proxy files and now my editing is going much smoother. Still probably need to get a new laptop with more RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines