• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lagging video and music

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lenovo laptop with an AMD A9-A9425 processor and 32GB RAM  the sound and Music on Premier Pro is lagging.

Any ideas how i can resolve this please?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no resolution whatsoever. Your system's CPU is far too weak to run any version of Premiere Pro properly. That A9-9425 is only a 2-thread CPU to begin with. And no 2-thread CPU is as powerful as even a mediocre 4-thread CPU, let alone a 16-thread CPU that we absolutely recommend at a minimum these days.

And because that APU is a Bulldozer-derivative architecture, expect extremely poor performance no matter what. Even an 8-thread Bulldozer-derivative CPU is no faster (performance-wise) than a 4-thread Intel CPU of the same age. And honestly, the A9-9425 actually performs worse than most of the Intel Celeron and Pentium CPUs, even from the Atom-derived line of such-branded CPUs.

And if that APU/CPU is so weak to begin with, then why did you put 32 GB of RAM in it? It deserves no more than 8 GB of RAM - total.

And no, I am not biased in favor of Intel. AMD began to right itself with the Zen architecture that replaced the Bulldozer-derivative architecture.

As it stands now, your laptop is like putting a car that can only do 20 MPH on a highway that requires a minimum speed of 45 MPH just to avoid an obstruction-of-traffic ticket. In other words, when you purchased that PC, you have totally cheaped out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines