• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

laggy choppy video in sequences, but not in Source...

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reopened an editing project today (14.4 on iMac) to find all the video clips playing in all my sequences having laggy, choppy playback (audio is fine).  I tried clearing the media cache, scratch disks and have verified that the codec and other sequence settings are right.  The clips do play fine in the Source window.

I've tried creating fresh sequences and still get the same playback issue.  

Thoughts anyone?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  Are you saying yesterday everything was playing smoothly?  Could be a failing hard drive...  Do you have plenty of empty space on your hard drives?  A minimum of 10% free on all drives and 20% free on your boot drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  The hard drive is a new SSD, and I cleared caches and extra space.

In any case, I just discovered the issue.  On a right-click menu,  I found that a setting called High Quality Playback was checked (and not knowing about it, I know I didn't check it).  Unchecked, and voila, problem cleared.

Not sure if it was a bug or some random reset.  Am very glad I found it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines