Laggy, jumpy playback issues from one specific handycam

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I began watching over some videos I shot yesterday on a little handycam, a Sanyo Xacti VPC-CS1, and for whatever reason, the playback is very slow, jumpy, and sometimes cuts to a frame of a green screen, or to a frame from much further along in the video file. I checked whether the files themselves were corrupted by watching them back on quicktime player, they played perfectly fine, on VLC however, the video ran a little quickly, and then would freeze. 

This issue did not occur when I played back other footage I got from another camera, a Canon EOS 600D, both cameras shot in the H.264 video codec.

I went through as many trouble shooting methods as I could find on other forum posts and youtube videos, including reducing playback quality, rendering the footage, creating proxys and clearing the media cache, with no success. 

To make matters even stranger, Premiere didn't have any playback issues 2-3 weeks ago when I edited footage shot on the same camera. Just to confirm, I opened this previous project from a few weeks ago today and now that footage is experiencing the same lag and jumpy effects. 

I have no idea what's going on, and would love to hear if anyone else has had the same issue or knows of a solution to this problem. 

I'm using a 2017 model Macbook Pro with the following specs: 

Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Laggy, jumpy playback issues from one specific handycam

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I began watching over some videos I shot yesterday on a little handycam, a Sanyo Xacti VPC-CS1, and for whatever reason, the playback is very slow, jumpy, and sometimes cuts to a frame of a green screen, or to a frame from much further along in the video file. I checked whether the files themselves were corrupted by watching them back on quicktime player, they played perfectly fine, on VLC however, the video ran a little quickly, and then would freeze. 

This issue did not occur when I played back other footage I got from another camera, a Canon EOS 600D, both cameras shot in the H.264 video codec.

I went through as many trouble shooting methods as I could find on other forum posts and youtube videos, including reducing playback quality, rendering the footage, creating proxys and clearing the media cache, with no success. 

To make matters even stranger, Premiere didn't have any playback issues 2-3 weeks ago when I edited footage shot on the same camera. Just to confirm, I opened this previous project from a few weeks ago today and now that footage is experiencing the same lag and jumpy effects. 

I have no idea what's going on, and would love to hear if anyone else has had the same issue or knows of a solution to this problem. 

I'm using a 2017 model Macbook Pro with the following specs: 

Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0

Have something to add?