Lags and glitches when add my outro and music (But it never use to)

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do Youtube videos and I have been using this same intro and outro and music in my videos for quite some time. The stuff I am doing is pretty routine for me so I honestly have no clue what is causing my issues...

I will add my video and go through the phases of cutting and ripple deleting and getting everything where i want it, then I my into and outro and subscribe buttons etc. normally I would have no lag no issues at all. Now after I add the outro the scrubbing arrow wont show when i move, when i try to drag the bar to view different sections it wont show it doing it. i cant see what i am doing properally and when i hit space to play it, all the changes i make show up and kick in . It honestly feels more like a glitch than lag and when i remove the outro everything is back to being perfect again(but i always used this outro) so I am assuming maybe i changed a setting or something that is conflicting with the outro like FPS or something else... PLEASE HELP!! lol

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lags and glitches when add my outro and music (But it never use to)

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do Youtube videos and I have been using this same intro and outro and music in my videos for quite some time. The stuff I am doing is pretty routine for me so I honestly have no clue what is causing my issues...

I will add my video and go through the phases of cutting and ripple deleting and getting everything where i want it, then I my into and outro and subscribe buttons etc. normally I would have no lag no issues at all. Now after I add the outro the scrubbing arrow wont show when i move, when i try to drag the bar to view different sections it wont show it doing it. i cant see what i am doing properally and when i hit space to play it, all the changes i make show up and kick in . It honestly feels more like a glitch than lag and when i remove the outro everything is back to being perfect again(but i always used this outro) so I am assuming maybe i changed a setting or something that is conflicting with the outro like FPS or something else... PLEASE HELP!! lol

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.   As projects get more complex, issues can arise.  Also, could be a drive issue.  Make sure you have at least 10% free space on all drives and 20% on your startup drive.  And it's possible one of your drives is failing.  Every drive will fail eventually, not a question of if but when, even solid state drives..  And have you updated OS and/or premiere or installed any new peripherals?  Never easy to diagnose this stuff from a distance, but please answer all the questions posed here. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16GB Corsair Dominator RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU, Adope Premiere Pro Version 14.6.0, My 3 drives are all under 50% full, ill post a picture of my premiere settings. sorry if i forgot anything let me know what else you might need.Screenshot (749).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are drive speed tests out there.  Might be worth checking the drive performance...

Try this, create a new project and just bring in material for one video sequence and see if the performance still lags...  If not, there may be something dodgy in your project or sequences.  You might try creating a new project and then importing the old project rather than opening it and see if that makes a difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see i actually just tried that, i made a new project with just my outro and it runs fine, its something happening between my setting with that recording and the outro, if i had to guess i think its between the 720p - 1080p clashing and there is also a 30fps mixed with 60fps, it gets a bit confusing to keep track of, trying to unify it all currently and see if it helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My intro is 1080p 30fps, the video itself is 720p 60 fps(video gaming) then outro is 720p 30fps so i just made a new version edited in premiere and now the outro is re done to 1080p 30fps just like the intro but it is STILL doing this I DONT KNOW O__o

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. ok so i tried adding just anything else now to see, i added different video clips I even added a picture... NO MATTER what I add it starts getting all glitched and slow the moment I add anything else, but when i get rid of whatever i added it will be fine, and any other these things are find when im using it on their own in a different project... idk what to do, i use all of these thing regularly and idk what i did or need to do to fix it..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh,  at last we have a glimmer of an idea of what the problem may be.  Screen captures are often variable frame rate (and you can not depend on premiere seeing that).  Unfortunately premiere does have issues with vfr and these problems are hard to predict and erratic... and here's hopefully the solution

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

post back if your sources are not vfr and we'll continue digging.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly I do not know where it says it outright i noticed the audio has a Bit rate mode that says constant but i dont see it on the video, here is what i got! Also as a side note on something bothering me ... if it is the bit rate cool but any idea why that wouldnt cause an issue until now? i have probably done at least 20-40 videos with that outro and all the other pieces freaking out, pretty much anything i try to add now is having this issue? unless its the video mixing with other stuff that is the problem ugh my head hurts...Screenshot (753).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says constant next to frame rate mode

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well then it all seems to be constant i also checked it against the video recording as well and it was constant too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's what I'd suggest.  Decide what format you want to deliver.   Might want to check what the youtube specs are and convert everything to that format and make that your sequence settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0