Highlighted

Laptop for premiere pro 2020

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, 

I'm desparetly finding a laptop. I bought a Dell Inspiron 7501 but it was faulty and honestly the overall experience was pretty low. The budget is £900-1100. Do you have any personal experience? I would really appreciate it. 

Thank for your time. 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Laptop for premiere pro 2020

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, 

I'm desparetly finding a laptop. I bought a Dell Inspiron 7501 but it was faulty and honestly the overall experience was pretty low. The budget is £900-1100. Do you have any personal experience? I would really appreciate it. 

Thank for your time. 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your asking alot for a laptop with your budget.   And you'll be letting yourself for a load of frustration if your laptop does not meet the minimum specs.  And remember that as premiere gets updated by adobe, the minimum specs often are changed.

Check out the minimum specs at this link

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

You'll see what's necessary.   In particular the amount of RAM and the graphics card are crucial.   

You might do some googling.  I just did and got a lot of pertinent hits.  If you're in New York City, you might go to B and H photo where you might find a salesman who can help you...  You might try an apple store although since you pay a premium for apple devices, I doubt you'll find some thing in your budget.

Not sure how knowledgeable the staff at bestbuy are but might be worth a shot.  

You might also consider a desktop computer rather than a laptop.  It's getting more and more difficult to upgrade laptops (and impossible for an apple laptop) but usually easier for a desktop machine (again generally not possible for apple unless you've got the budget for a macpro.

Good luck and I'm sure people here would appreciate you posting back with your experience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your reply, I really appreciate your tips. Probably I'll opt for a desktop laptop 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's either a desktop or a laptop computer... unless I'm too far behind the times (which is possible)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1