• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last frame carrying over to other clips

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing an issue I have never run into before in Premiere. I'm editing a sequence with a bunch of still images and clips (mix of 4k sources). Throughout the timeline, I'm finding that if I place the playhead at the beginning of a clip (first frame of the clip, the clip is automatically selected in the timeline), I see the last frame of the previous clip in the program monitor. This frame seems baked into the clip. If I move it elsewhere, it still has one frame from the original assembly order on the front. With most of the video clips I can roll the clip by one frame or trim the end and it goes away, but I'm finding that this isn't working on the stills: I can roll multiple frames or ripple trim the end of the clip and I still see one frame of the old previous neighbor in the clip.

What is going on? Is there a common mistake I was making during assembly that caused this? I can't see any transitions on the clips that would be holding frames from another clip.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

This is happening to me as well. I tried deleteinng everything in the project and starting again, but it keeps happening. Is there any solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Just tested again to verify: Deleted a still, openend the source up again in the source monitor, dragged it into the project on a new track, trimmed to length to fit where the old still was, dropped it in. First frame is again the previous clip. Moved it back out to a new track at a different timecode, checked, first frame still shows previous clip from the original position.

What setting is switched on that I am unaware of? What am I missing? What tool am I using wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to just be in playback. I've not seen issues with this editing machine before for this type of content, but the erroneous frames I am seeing are not in exported media. I will see if I can fix the issue for editing comfort, but I may need to proxy the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems a little odd, RB. If you upload a screen recording, I might be able to offer advice. As it is, I have never seen this behavior before and I'd like to see it in action to write it up for devs. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same issue the past few weeks.  The last frame of the previous clip shows up a few frames into the next clip.  Here's an example:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q00ZTzDLdqHpgS0vZZhAZDwpGfA6l8K0/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now seeing this on my projects too where the last frame is carrying over into the next clip a few frames...what the heck is going on? I can't figure out how to fix it. Even if I add the clip again from the project, it will still do the same thing on the timeline! Any solutions? Thanks for the assistance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Radam,

Try deleting any video preview files at that location.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. I tried deleteinng everything in the project and starting again, but it keeps happening. Is there any solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:it seems to be happening when you resize a still photo. wherever the playback bar is when you resize the photo, that's the exact spot where the previous photo appears for exactly 2 frames and then disappears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines