• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Adobe Premiere Pro incompatible with Intel Graphics UHD 620 on Lenovo Yoga X1 Gen 3

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this issue should be marked as answered.  I have the same issue with my Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen (Intel Graphics UHD 620).  I can't use Premiere (the Premiere preview window shows a green mess when trying to edit projects) without installing newer Intel drivers that are not supported by Lenovo.  So... I have to break my computer (causing visible stability issues with the display color as well as video overlay) to use Premiere and I have to break Premiere to fix my computer.  The X1 Yoga is a mid to premium level multimedia workstation and it's not old enough (mine was ~$2500 in 2018) to warrant having this problem.  As someone who ponied up for a solid workstation PC as well as being a loyal monthly subscriber to Adobe this is VERY frustrating.  I've been waiting for an update from Lenovo, but as their latest Intel Graphics UHD 620 driver is from July 2020 I don't understand how Adobe could leave customers with a hardware & software configuration this current out to dry.  I also tried many rounds of rolling back Premiere and was unable to find a version that was stable with the Lenovo supported video driver.  I don't know how this is possible as I was happily using Premiere on my Yoga X1 up until last summer.  The workaround I've settled on for now is to install the newer driver when I need to work in Premiere and then roll the driver back when I'm not.  But this really isn't acceptable.  If anyone from Adobe reads this would love to hear what proposed solutions they might have.  The "Correct Answer" in this thread isn't an acceptable solution.

[Branched]

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what it means for my post to be "Branched"  but it seemed pretty relevant to the original thread it was posted under...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/latest-adobe-premiere-pro-incompatible-with-video-driver... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>using Premiere on my Yoga X1 up until last summer

Install the older version of Premiere Pro that worked

Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process
--will only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet is this driver: Intel Graphics Driver 27.20.100.8476 DCH , and PP 2019 (13.1.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version supported by Lenovo at this time is 27.20.100.8337.  Anything I've tried past that including the .8476 has resulted in the display instability issues reported above.  I believe I tried the combination above with PP 13.1.5 but I'll try it again if I get a chance.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider installing driver from a similar Lenovo X1 nootebook, it may help. But make sure you did a system  backup prior that. This: 27.20.100.8935 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked. Thank you Mr. Bear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beau,

Which version of Premiere Pro are you running? Please verify. Have you tried 14.9? Do you have the Beta installed? How is that running?

Hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep the Adobe apps up to date with the Creative Cloud Desktop.  Currently my Premiere Pro version is at 14.9.  It runs as described above.  Not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines