Opening a project created in last version of Premiere Pro before updating to 12.1.1 (Build 10), and suddenly Premiere doesn't show any PostScript Type 1 fonts in the titler ... and existing titles using those Type 1 fonts are now broken. On a Mac running Sierra (OS X 10.12.6). Affects title using both legacy titler and new titling tool.
This problem was reported to also be affecting After Effects in a thread on the AE forum* (that also mentioned same problem in Premiere Pro). Posting in the PP forum to (I hope) get Adobe's attention so that they fix this critical function.
The only "workaround" I've seen is to create titles in Type 1 fonts in Photoshop (which doesn't have the issue) and import as PNG files into PP. Doesn't help much if having to re-do a bunch of already-existing titles. Or, of course, reverting to previous version of Premiere Pro that didn't have the issue.
*Here's the AE forum thread. Note that the original post and acknowledgement of the problem by Adobe was April 4. It's now April 30:
Hi Dan Preston NJ, Sorry for your issue! We are aware of this problem on both Premiere Pro and After Effects: Known issues in After Effects CC (15.1) Status: The engineering team is working on a fix. Thanks for sharing the workaround.Best,Rameez
Hi, Do you know if this has been addressed yet? I've just installed the latest update and haven't had any luck. It's really frustrating as the same issue is present on After Effects which would've been my workaround and it's a pretty standard feature...
Still not fixed, even though users first pointed out the issue in After Effects at least as far back as April 4. Adobe has replied that the problem in both After Effects and Premiere Pro is due to the same set of code, and there appears to be a fix in beta testing. But it is frustrating that we're getting close to 3 months without a solution.
I work for FontLab, we make the eponymous FontLab pro font editor. We have also created TransType 4, an easy-to-use converter for macOS and Windows. A few days ago I made a video that shows you how you can use TransType to convert your obsolete (but still valuable) Mac or Windows PostScript Type 1 fonts into cross-platform OpenType PS (.otf) fonts that will work in all Adobe (and other) apps: https://youtu.be/j06_QuBwy7Y
TransType is a good solution if your font’s EULA or your local law allows you to convert the font to a more modern format, and of course if you have Type 1 fonts for which OpenType versions are not available.