• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Premiere remembers marker points from older projects?

Contributor ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Sequence, New Everything, same video file ==> dropped into timeline and the markers from an older project re-appear on video bar in timeline

Is this A BUG? I closed\exit PP and still when I open PP and select the same video from IMPORT to A DIFFERENT Project and completely new Sequence the previous markers reappear!?

Bug ?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Premiere Pro saves clip markers to the media file itself.  This is expected behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Premiere is acting weird you can might want to delete all media cache and/or trash preferences bij holding down shift+alt while opening Premiere.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro saves clip markers to the media file itself.  This is expected behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, depending on the media type and your preference settings.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to turn it off or delete them from a certain file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Load the clip into the Source Monitor
  • Open the Marker Panel and go to Markers>Clear All Markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I know how to clear all markers. What happens is that, I clear all the markers, remark the audio in the way I want, but then when I close and reopen the project, all the old markers come back. I've moved and deleted the cache, but the old markers I've cleared 4 times keep coming back every time I open the project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of is that if you tinkered with the audio in Audition or through Dynamic Link or Render-and-Replace, maybe old marker information is hanging around somewhere outside of Pr? Pure speculation, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I redownloaded the song, and deleted the old version of the song. The markers no longer show up, so i think the markers are stored on the actual file instead of in a hidden file associated with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks A lot to you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines