Highlighted

Latest Premiere Update: Keyboard shortcuts not working

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -- I just updated to the latest version of Premiere and a select group of my keyboard shortcuts are inoperable. Even if I reset them or remove potential redundancies, they won't cooperate. Any ideas?

I just fixed this issue for myself and hopefully this could help you out.

I couldn't get my keyboard shortcuts window to open up for the past two days. I just ordered a new iMac and had been able to open Keyboard Shortcuts when I was logged in under my associates adobe id (we first installed creative cloud using his account). After I logged out and back in under my own creative cloud account it wouldn't display the keyboard window at all and I couldn't sync my preferences. I would click on the menu Premiere Pro CC > Keyboard Shortcuts and nothing would happen, it wouldn't open a new dialog window at all no matter how many times I tried. I even tried the option+command+K shortcut and nothing opened.

I signed out and back in multiple times and restarted. I was going to reinstall Premiere next but then I finally tried the Sync Settings option on the Premiere splash screen (see image) and that finally synced everything. My keyboard shortcuts window would open when I clicked on the menu option and I could select my preferred keyboard layout.

Hope this helps? Not sure if it will...

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 12.24.04 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Latest Premiere Update: Keyboard shortcuts not working

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -- I just updated to the latest version of Premiere and a select group of my keyboard shortcuts are inoperable. Even if I reset them or remove potential redundancies, they won't cooperate. Any ideas?

I couldn't get my keyboard shortcuts window to open up for the past two days. I just ordered a new iMac and had been able to open Keyboard Shortcuts when I was logged in under my associates adobe id (we first installed creative cloud using his account). After I logged out and back in under my own creative cloud account it wouldn't display the keyboard window at all and I couldn't sync my preferences. I would click on the menu Premiere Pro CC > Keyboard Shortcuts and nothing would happen, it wouldn't open a new dialog window at all no matter how many times I tried. I even tried the option+command+K shortcut and nothing opened.

I signed out and back in multiple times and restarted. I was going to reinstall Premiere next but then I finally tried the Sync Settings option on the Premiere splash screen (see image) and that finally synced everything. My keyboard shortcuts window would open when I clicked on the menu option and I could select my preferred keyboard layout.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that Premiere Pro 2017.1 does not recognize international keyboards. For instance, if a key on my swedish keyboard is located somewhere different from a US keyboard, hitting where the key would be on a US keyboard activates the hotkey.

It appears to be a bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2017 2
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used some form of Premiere way back to 4.2 you remember the white hourse on the box and book (wuch you don't get anymore.   We shouldn't have to figure why Adobe Premiere cc doesn't work especially when we pay all this money for a working product.   Ever call support ... Half the time I can't even understant them I don't what form of Englosh thay speak but it ain't what I speak /// I have never had any of my questions or problems answered or fixed by Phone tech support. trying to find answers on the net is the most frustrating crap I've ever had to put up with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me! sync setting from cloud, not upload them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Great Answer!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks worked for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked to fix a similar problem I was having on PP 2020 for Mac. In my case the keyboard shortcuts window would open fine and show everything as expected, but the app would not respond to basic keyboard commands like mark in (I), mark out (O), go to beginning of sequence (home), go to end of sequence (end), etc. Choosing Sync Settings from the Premiere Pro menu fixed everything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gotta say I've never had much luck with synch settings.  Besides working in Premiere myself, I support a number of clients working in Premiere and I feel it's important that we all have the same keyboard shortcuts.   I've tried to synch their settings with mine and it usually doesn't work.  With a little bit of research, it's pretty easy to figure out where the keyboard settins are stored on your computer (just do a search for files with .kys extension, so I just manually copy my keyboard settings on their systems where they need to be.   That said, I haven't tried to synch settings in the last year or 2...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0