• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest version has issue with cross dissolves and essential sounds

Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right away the new version made all my cross-dissolves for audio clips that had essential sound adjustments applied  play as a loud digital "BUZZ" for the duration of the cross dissolve. Any attempt to remove and re-apply the essential sound adjustment resulted in the same buzz. Only removing the adjustment OR removing the cross dissolve got rid of the buzz.

TOPICS
Audio , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did already trash my preferences hoping that might do it. Nope. As for deleting cahe files, I didn't know about the ALL cache option before loading a project. thank you...but it still did not fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add that I did the trick of deleting all my cross dissolve by changing the speed of all the audio clips to 200% and then back to 100%. Then I added brand new cross dissolves and the buzz/crackle returns.

Now i'm left with overlapping and rubber-banding the audio fades like it's 1996.

Maybe I'll just go backward and hope Adobe sees my post. 

(DO NOT MARK AS SOLVED ADOBE!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed: deleting current version of APP and restoring previous...problem gone (poof!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and might help if you told us your source properties and sequence settings.  Although premiere allows you to throw almost any format at it, there are some formats that should be converted before importing into premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would except it really has no correlation to format. Plus..this SUDDENLY started happenign with the new version whereas a month of editing in the previous version = no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...plus...it is happening across projects with different formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is user-to-user peer support ... "we" are not Adobe staffers.

To get this filed as a bug, use their UserVoice system, which goes directly to the engineer's system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. Iassumed this was Adobe because there's an Adobe logo up in the corner.  I only 'shouted out' because, well, in the past the solutions would not come yet it would be marked as solved. And this means that my issue was never going to get any more attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Solved" doesn't mean an offical Adobe stamp or anything ... just that someone reading the forum thought the answer the correct one.

Yes, this is an official Adobe forum ... but as I noted, for peer-to-peer help mostly. They do have some Product Support staffers monitoring & participating, but it's not connected to the product teams. Some engineers do comb the forums occasionally, but it's again a quick-help place, not full product support.

And the main place to be concerned about getting attention if there is a bug you've found is as noted the UserVoice system. Granted, they don't always respond ... but they do read and log every post filed there. Which is the purpose of that forum.

It's confusing, really ... which is to say, purely Adobe ... sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines