• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro crashes on opening.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I just downloaded the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro (Version 14.3.1).
When I try to start the program, the following error is displayed after I click on any of my recent projects to open:

Adobe Premiere Pro is exiting because a critical error has occurred. An attempt is made to save the current project. "

I can't open any of my projects. I ask for help.

Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
MacOs Catalina version 10.15.3
Processor: 2.7 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics card: Radeon Pro 460 4 GB Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Patrick

By the way:
This is not the first time that new, downloaded versions of Adobe programs are not running. It's annoying enough. What is even more annoying is that I now have to write in forums in order to solve the problem slowly. I pay almost 60 euros a month and miss a (phone) support that can be reached quickly!

GERMAN :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hallo,
ich habe mir gerade die neueste Version von Adobe Premiere Pro (Version 14.3.1) runtergeladen.
Versuche ich das Programm zu starten, wird folgender Fehler angezeigt, nach dem ich ein beliebiges meiner letzten Projekte zu öffnen anklicke:

Adobe Premiere Pro wird beendet, da ein schwerwiegender Fehler aufgetreten ist. Es wird versucht, das aktuelle Projekt zu speichern.

Ich kann keines meienr Projekte öffnen. Ich bitte um Hilfe.

Macbook Pro (15 Zoll, 2016)

MacOs Catalina Version 10.15.3
Prozessor: 2,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Speicher: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Grafikkarte: Radeon Pro 460 4 GB Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Patrick

Übrigens: 
Dies ist nicht das erste Mal, das neue, herunter geladene Programmversionen von Adobe nicht laufen. Das ist schon ärgerlich genug. Noch ärgerlicher ist, dass ich jetzt in Foren schreiben muss, um das Porblem lanwierig zu lösen. Ich zahle knapp 60,- Euro pro Monat und vermisse einen schnell erreichbaren (Telefon-)Support!

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

I have now installed an older version 14.1. and closed other apps like PS and InDesign.
In this version 14.1 I can at least open older and new projects and work in them and play clips.
Is it perhaps because the latest version is bigger / needs more free memory?
How much free memeory do I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many things can go wrong when you update a program, some of them are adobe's fault, some are not...  Did you try any troubleshooting steps?  What version were you udpating from?  Hopefully you didn't remove the old version when you did the update (always a smart thing to do, keeping previous versions).  If it's still available, have you tried to run the previous version?  Have you tried resetting preferences and deleting caches?   Have you checked the compatability of the graphics cards you have installed and if you have the latest drivers?  Have you run disk first aid on your startup drive?  

Do you have any peripherals connected besides a mouse and keyboard?  You might try disconnecting from any network (turn off wifi and physically pull the ethernet cable). Computers and complex software like Adobe CC are not always easy to troubleshoot, particularly from a distance.  Please answer each of my questions and we can move on from there...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have now installed an older version 14.1. and closed other apps like PS and InDesign.
In this version 14.1 I can at least open older and new projects and work in them and play clips.
Is it perhaps because the latest version is bigger / needs more free memory?
How much free memeory do I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

I was having critical error crashes recently & it turned out to be a faulty RAM stick. I used MemTest86 to diagnose the faulty stick conclusion after the Adobe techs advised me the crash reports showed a Memory_Management error. My PC is only 18 months old so it was a surprise. It's unlikely you have the same problem but possible. The test took a couple of hours in BIOS mode so I imagine it would make your Macbook unuseable for a couple of hours as well.

Good luck,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Всем привет!! Ребята, я сейчас сижу на версии 14.0.3. Вчера пробовал последнюю версию 14.3.1 и немного ужаснулся, что она такая тормознутая. Навигация по таймлайну вообще огорчила. Она реально тупая и тормознутая. Также при открытии проектов, созданных в версии 14.0.3 были частые вылеты программы. Адобе как всегда "удивляет" в этом плане. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines