• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy title is reading as a graphic type

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep trying to make a legacy title in my project but when I do the file type for it is labeled as a graphic. It's causing all kinds of errors in my project like every time I try to change a label name, it's converting it across the entire thing as oppose to just the specific panel. Is there a way to change it back to a text engine as oppose to a graphic?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have found a bug but I doubt Adobe is going to fix it. Not more than 15 days pass without someone needing to use the Legacy Titler or burn DVDs and Blu-ray disks. Could Adobe solve these problems? Yes they could but Adobe is not going to cater to it's users. What the users want and need is not imprantant to the Adobe Corporation, money is.

That being said I am starting to use the Essential Graphics Titles because someone form Adobe told me for sure that the Legaacy Titler will be gone soon. I would love to see Adobe make a few minor improvments to the Legacy Titler but it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is related to whether PR considers a legacy title a "grahic." The default behavior for legacy titles is that a duplicate is just an instance of the original. Edit any one of them edits all of them.

See this old post for the method to create independent copies:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cannot-edit-duplicate-titles-without-editing-the-origina...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two different types of legacy titles.

The ones that are duplicted (alt+drag on timeline) are all unique.

The ones that are copied/pasted are all the same. Change one, they all change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using the upgrade to master grapics option, yes, that does mean that particular graphic is now a Master Graphic, and any mod you make to any use of it immediately changes all other instances of that graphic.

It's powerful when you want that, annoying when you just want to change a word "here".

Andy's got the better overall take. And all should push for some further updates to the Essential Graphics process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines