Highlighted

Legacy titles not working with new update (Premiere)

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the new update last week, premieres legacy titles no longer work with the reccomended GPU acceleration (metal) Render it only works with software only but when i change to software only some of my preset transitons dont work because they require GPU acceleration. Anyone else having this problem and it adobe planing on fixing this?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Legacy titles not working with new update (Premiere)

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the new update last week, premieres legacy titles no longer work with the reccomended GPU acceleration (metal) Render it only works with software only but when i change to software only some of my preset transitons dont work because they require GPU acceleration. Anyone else having this problem and it adobe planing on fixing this?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

legacy titles are legacy.  they've been replaced with new tools that work fine...  If you have an old project, stay in the version in which they were created.  If you're starting a new project, learn the new tools.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had created titles in an earlier version, and discovered difficulties when editing credits after upgrading. Going back would not be easy as much work had/has been done in this current version. Therefore, staying in the earlier version, where much of the work has been upgraded, is not viable. I can't see an easy conversion for an onerous task. I'm open to suggestions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the Legacy Titler is some of the older code still in Premiere. There wasn't direct way to match things from that to the new graphics "engine" (code) so it's frustrating but there isn't an easy way to migrate things.

They've carried the Legacy Titler through three versions ... three years ... of updated program versions. None of us knows how much longer they'll include it. And yea ... that means rebuilding things. Wish there was another option.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are the new tools?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, there is a known issue using legacy TItles with GPU Rendrerer in Premiere Pro 14.1. This issue is already fixed in Premiere Pro 14.2 Beta (build 24+). Until 14.2 ships, possible workarounds include using Essential Graphics (mentioned by others in this post), switching to Software Only Renderer or going back to Premiere Pro 14.0.4.

More information can be found in the FAQ: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-low-level-exception-error-after-updatin...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essential graphics are great, but can be daunting.  Just select the text tool and start typing in the program monitor with the playhead approximately where you want the title to start and a text clip will be created superimposed over the underlying video.    Don't worry if the type size is too big or too small cause you can use the effects controls to adjust many many parameters.    I'm sure there are many tutorials available, but it's fairly intuitive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, the fix for legacy Titles with GPU Renderer is in Premiere Pro 14.2, which just shipped.

What's new and fixed in PPro 14.2:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trent,

A lot of people have mentioed valid reasons why they still use Legacy Titler. About every ten days people post about needing DVDs and Blu-rays. I hope Adobe is not turning a blind eye to the comments. The Legacy Titler still has several advantages over the EGP. The fact that I cannot put the EGP titles in a bin is a deal breaker.

https://youtu.be/QjyWL_1rH-c

This video demonstrates the metadata capabilities of the legacy titling system over the essential graphics panel (EGP). If you agree with my comments let Ado...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it would be nice to be able to drag a title from the timeline to a bin, but as a workaround, you can just put your titles in a sequence and let the sequence live in your "graphics" bin.  It's then a simple process to copy and paste from this sequence into another sequence and make whatevere changes you want.  I always found the legacy title tool a royal pain.  Although sometimes the new way of editing titles seems overly complicated, it is incredibly flexible.  I usually don't deel with the egt, but just select the text tool, and click in the program monitor to create a text clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always felt like I was back in Win3.11 with the Legacy Titler. And I liked that OS a lot better than working in the Titler. But we're all different ...

For most things, the EGP is a lot more useful for me, even if not every part of it is "intuitive". There's a lot of things you can do fairly quickly/easily if you know how, but they aren't obvious that you'd do it that way. They need better documentation for it.

I understand liking bins for everything. But between the graphics folders and libraries, I have no trouble having them available in anything I work on or give them to others I may work with.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0