• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legal range - Scale IRE 0-100 and... 16-235?

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am learning the color correction and i' ll like realize a question about the legal range on Premiere, because i have some confusions or difficulties on the scale of legal range.
On the left off waveform, we can see the scale on IRE (0 - 100 is the legal range on IRE) but on the right of the waveform (when you set the waveform on Luma and 8 bits) the scale is represented on 0 - 255, and... the legal range in this scale is 16 - 235 (equivalent to 0 - 100 IRE. This is right no?).
My interpretation is this: the scale on the right not YUB scale, is the RGB scale, and te correlation in the scale RGB and scale YUB is 0 (RGB)/16 (YUB) - 255(RGB)/235(YUB). This is right?
We can see this correlations on the set waveform on YC or YC no Chroma where the left scale is 0 - 100 and the the right scale is 16 - 235.
Is correct this interpretation?
Sorry if I can't explain myself correctly. I read and write on English but I don't know all the correct words for these explanations (I prefer not to use a translator to avoid misinterpretations).
I attach some images of both the waveform's on Premiere 2020.
Thanks!WAFEFORM YC sin croma.jpgWAFEFORM luminancia.jpgSOLIDO COLOR.jpg

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?