• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Distortion Effect stutters

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lens Distortion Effect stutters when you keyframe the curvature: https://streamable.com/2qymq8

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this will only work if each value is set to one frame.
e.g. 0 to -30 over 30 frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsure what you mean by this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is exactly what i needed! i couldn't work out why it was stuttering when keyframing len distortion. But yes this makes sense. If the frame you want to distort is (for example) 50 frames long, then the keyframes need to match that number from 0 to -50 or 0 to 50. If you make the keyframes 0 to -25 then it will stutter every other frame. So glad i found this out now.

Shame there isn't a smoothing option to have less keyframes in a frame overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm having this same issue, fresh drivers, no issues with other hardware accelerated effects 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm still running into the same issue. Basically the lens distortion effect can only be set to whole numbers (-2, -1, 0, 1, 2) and cannot use decimals, so any keyframing over an extended period of time leads to the stutter, as the effect cannot smoothly work between the whole numbers; instead just spreading it out in the grossest way possible.

Anywho, if anyone knows of any third party lens distortion plugins/effects, that would be marvelous. Google searches only seem to be yielding lens distortion correction filters, which is ironically (?) the opposite of what I need. 🙂

Thanks, gang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines