• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limit on Files Inserted into Premiere

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I insert (drag and drop) mp3/wave audio files into Premiere Pro, it caps the number of files I can put in at 9 (no matter the different sizes of files). If I insert (drag and drop) a 10th file and try to put it into the project tracks I'm working on, it doesn't show any audio lines (just blank faded green track) and then when I hit space bar to continue playing, nothing happens like it freezes. This goes away as soon as I take out that extra file. The weird thing is on random premiere projects I have I don't have this issue but it's SO hit or miss and I do absolutely nothing different that I'm aware of when opening and saving these files. This is very frustrating and I can't seem to find this issue anywhere online. Hoping for some help on this issue with a supposed "max" or limit on files inserted. Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MN,

Looks like you don't have Source Patching set up for A2. Can you try that before making the edit? Next time, please embed your image - do not attach. Like the below example. Thanks!

 

Example.PNG

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Intriguing. Any particular reason for the mp3's? PrPro isn't that keen on mp3 format, and a lot of people do a quick conversion to wav over in MediaEncoder before importing the files into Premiere.

You can even set up a "watch folder" in MediaEncoder, with instructions that any file that appears in that folder on disc gets X preset applied to it in Me, then left in Y folder. So you could drag/drop a ton of (in your case) mp3 files into that folder in Finder/Explorer, and Me will then make wav files of them that it will put in the listed folder.

You just come back, grab those wav files, and move them where you want them stored on disc ... and import into PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines