• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link Adjustment Layer to Specific Layer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a short film, sadly all 3 camera's have used different white balance and profiles. I'd like to move each cameras shots onto a layer and have an adjustment layer just for that layer so I can make tweaks and changes without it affecting anything else.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

I put each camera on a separate track, colour correct the first clip on each track and paste attributes to the others on the same track.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can but you will have to give each camera its own sequence first, apply AL then nest for multicam

You can use the Master clip instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't easily use the master clip as I'm taking bits from various takes to create the scene so there's almost as many masters as clips.

I thought about doing the nesting way but couldn't then see any easy way to edit the footage, is there a way I can still see the relationship between the clips in each nest as they'll be three one for each camera? As once nested you just see a green bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you not going to use the multicam feature?

but just stack the clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not used the multicam as a scene is made up like this T1C1, T2C2, T1C2, T3C1, T1C2 etc etc. This is not in any way a pro or semi pro shoot so I'm having to piece things together.
If the cams all had the same WB and profile as they are all the same cams it wouldn't be an issue. I'd just like an easy way to adjust all C1 shots, all C2 shots etc and still be able to change the edit and adjust down the line as the Dir decides what they want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I dont see an easy way out of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally understand, neither could I hence I thought I'd ask in case I'd missed something. Next time it's get your camera's sorted or you can it yourself

Thanks very much for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjustment Layers will affect everything underneath, you can't assign a specific track for them to affect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might color correct and export each clip to a intermediate file, like a prores or cineform file. Probably would make editing better also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were me I would load all the clips from Camera 1 in to a sequence and put the adjustment layer over top and do the correction. Then do that with Camera 2, and Camera 3. So I'd have three different sequences in my project bin. Then with my main edit timeline open I would click and drag the Camera 1 sequence from the project bin and drop it on the source monitor. Find my in and out points of the shot I want and insert edit them to my main timeline.

To work even faster you could hold shift and select all your camera sequences in the project bin and drag them to your source monitor. Then if you use the keyboard short cut for activating your source monitor (shift+2) ever time you hit that keyboard short cut you will cycle through the sequences or clips you've loaded up in there.

I really hope my explanation was clear. It can be a little confusing. But off the top of my head that is how I would approach it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As elegant as possible under the laid out circumstances.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me.  As opposed to Adjustment Layer, simply create a new Sequence, paste video there and drag onto main sequence and add all effects to the dragged in sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put each camera on a separate track, colour correct the first clip on each track and paste attributes to the others on the same track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's exactly what I'm aiming to do, I'll probably also have an adjustment layer above it just for that camera track as well. Would be so nice if you could select multiple clips and change attributes that way, hey ho

Thanks for all the input everyone, it's much appreciated. Ongoing I'll try and make sure this issue with the camera's doesn't arise any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a button on my contour shuttle set up as a macro that deletes all effects from clips and then paste attributes. So I colour correct one clip and then copy, drag select the whole track then click on the macro to update all the clips on that track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, had totally forgotten I can do macro's on the shuttlepro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And of course you can copy attributes then select many clips and paste selected attributes. I've been pushing for the ability to copy/paste tabs of Lumetri rather than only entire instances.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines