Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link & Grouping Clips with Extendscript

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you are all well in these times 🙂 

Question 1: is there a function that can detect if a project item or track item is linked or grouped using extendscript?

I have the following sequence 
Screen_Shot_2020-09-06_at_7.32.06_PM.png

I am trying to add all of the project Items into a new sequence for reasons that are lengthy to explain but basically just trying to access each project Item in sequence 1 and add them to sequence 2. 

The issue is I cant find out if a projectItem im adding is linked or grouped. I am trying to preserve the original sequence as best as possible which includes preserving linked & grouped projectItems.

I also tried 

var numItems: audioTracks[trackIndex].clips[clipIndex].components.numItems 

to see if the audio clipItem number of items was 2 (Which would mean it is linked or grouped) 
but it did not & returned 1.

Question 2:
-is there a way to actually link & group project items after detected if they are originally linked & or grouped? 

Summary: is there a way to find out of projectItems are linked or grouped & or link & group them using extendscript 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found there is a function 

clip.getLinkedItems();

unknown (1).png

However when I do getLinkedItems.length it returns 0, and when I try getLinkedItems alone it also returns nothing. Even thought the trackItems are clearly linked in the project. 

Thanks to NTProductions discord channel I get alot of feedback from here too 

https://discord.gg/NDrMbJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! 

I found that clip.getLinkedItems() returns an object like so:

{ length: 3 numItems: 3 }

but is there an actual way to access the linked Items? Not just the length and number of items? 

I want to see if the clip.getLinkedItems() linked items are audio projectItems or video projectItems 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines