Link an adjustment layer/filter to a specific layer - on a push

Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone can suggest a tip here - I'm trying to have a clip push in over a set of 4 clips arranged into a grid - two are affected by an adjustment layer and an overlay, two are unaffected. The clip pushing in from above is also meant to be affected by the filter and overlay, but during the overlap, the 4 clips below it are also being affected.

I've tried a dozen different nesting combinations, nothing seems to be working yet. Does anyone have a solution for how I can get the filter/overlay combo for the pushing in clip to not affect the 4 clips beneath it?

If it helps for context, I'm using Premier Pro 2017.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Link an adjustment layer/filter to a specific layer - on a push

Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone can suggest a tip here - I'm trying to have a clip push in over a set of 4 clips arranged into a grid - two are affected by an adjustment layer and an overlay, two are unaffected. The clip pushing in from above is also meant to be affected by the filter and overlay, but during the overlap, the 4 clips below it are also being affected.

I've tried a dozen different nesting combinations, nothing seems to be working yet. Does anyone have a solution for how I can get the filter/overlay combo for the pushing in clip to not affect the 4 clips beneath it?

If it helps for context, I'm using Premier Pro 2017.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you remake the transition adding effects to the clips rather than using an adjustment layer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no - while I could probably change the color of the clip itself, it's also using a video overlay of an old time film crackle, which can't be simulated on the clip itself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can put the push clip in a new sequence and export it to a high quality intermediate file.

Then import the ontermediate file into the project and use that in the main sequence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...not sure how to do that 🙁

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0