• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Hard Drive Folders To Premiere Bins For Auto Importing

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm new to the forum and have something that I want to accomplish and if it is currently impossible then it may be a great idea for Adobe to develop in the future. Is there a way to link folders on a computer or hard drive to bins in Premiere? That way, if I copied a photo or video clip into my folder on my hard drive labeled "Day 1_Footage" (for example) then it would be great if (assuming I already imported that folder from my hard drive into my Premiere project window as a new bin) that footage or photo automatically imported into that given bin. If I add a new photo into my hard drive titled "Photos" then it would automatically update the bin in Premiere also labeled "Photos" as long as I specify ahead of time that I want them linked. Does this feature exist? If not, could it be created?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

You could post a feature request here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might currently be a plugin that can do this, I'm pretty sure I've seen something that claims to do this. But there isn't any 'native' way in PrPro to cause this to happen.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could post a feature request here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATK,

Hey there! It's a feature request. There is an affordable plug-in Neil alluded to that allows you to do this in the meantime: https://knightsoftheeditingtable.com/watchtower

Check it out.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin! I thought I'd seen something about that somewhere.

Think I'll go add that on. Very reasonable cost considering the added speed of working,

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone! If this does get implemented natively into te Adobe suite (or even just into Premiere and AE) then that wouled be, as the kids say, legit! 

I appreciate the fast and professional feedback. Happy to be a new member to this community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines