• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking high res footage to proxies and synced footage (incorrect workflow used)

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!! I am in a real bind!!! Any help is appreciated!!! 

Some context: I am now nearly at picture lock for a 15 mintue short. I began editing with proxies that were not linked to the original high res footage. I also synced the audio to the proxies using "Merge Clips" instead of using multicam source sequences so that's another issue I have on my hands. 

I am now having to create new proxies because the ingest setting used previously did not support five audio channels which is what the raw footage was set to. Premiere would not link the raw high res to the proxies I've been using because of this.

So my question is:

Is it possible to copy my project to a new project and link the clips to the new proxies? Essentially, can I replace all the footage in my fine cut so as to avoid re-editing the whole thing?

If you could be as granular as possible in your responses that would be very helpful as my knowledge of editing, etc. is very limited!!! Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have you tried unlinking your clips and then relinking to your original proxies rather than "attaching" proxies?  If that works, try unlinking and reattaching to the camera original.  If that works, there's your workflow.  Not as elegant and toggling proxies on and off but it usually works.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines