• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live video capture with BMD UltraStudio 4K

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardon my lack of Premier knowlwdge as I am not a user, just and engineer installing a broadcast system in a school. They would like to capture live video, 1080p SDI, into Premiere Pro through a BMD UltraStudio 4K. The UltraStudio shows up in my playback device list, but I can not figure out how to capture live video. Do not see the BMD US4k in any device list for recording or capturing.

The system consists of a Mac Pro with 2 BMD Ultrastudio 4Ks connecting with seperate thunderbolt cables. They would like to capture with BMD Media Express on one of the 4Ks, which works fine, and capture with Premiere Pro on the second 4K.

Thank You

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the Device Control tab you need to work with ... and I'm not sure that Premiere can do it then. The last I knew, it needed a Firewire input from essentially a tape-based unit. Hope this works, if it recognizes your device and work, post back! Well, if it doesn't also ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need Firewire. The 4K Ultra Studio is a beast. That being said the video below might be worth watching.

https://youtu.be/PTQYJKQpazk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines